Following on with the Park Rating system we invented here, we’re travelling on in time from the first park we stayed at to the second. Palm Canyon is located right next to Anza Borrego State Park and we passed 2 weeks in this gorgeous location. Here’s the low-down…
Link to the park here: Palm Canyon Resort
- Site quality = 3/5
This is a basic, sandy desert and these are basic desert sandy sites. Sparse shade, except in the back row of the park but even then it’s a stretch. There are pull thru and back-in sites. The pull-thrus sites are nice and long with 50A and 30A available, but a bit close together so you’ll be tight with your neighbours when it’s full. Cable TV available. Table at each site.
- Facilities = 3.5/5
Clean and spacious with very large showers but nothing fancy.
- Amenities = 3/5
Pool, laundry and cutsy little restaurant/bar, but no WiFi at the sites (only in hotel = it’s free, but you need to walk over there)
- Location = 5/5
Less than 1 mile from the Anza Borrego Nation Park entrance. Also, side of the park is right next to a desert area with literally miles of trails and hill hiking where nary a soul will distrub your peace. So, you can literally fall out your RV and into the desert. Also, very near the town of Borrego Springs which has all your basic needs but no major stores. Great Farmer’s market on Fridays AM’s.
- Pet friendliness = 5/5
Very relaxed about pets, even being off-leash. Tons of space to walk your dog next to the park.
Overall Rating = 3.5
BONUS ALERT: walk from your RV to Desert hiking trails
Summary: This is a pretty basic RV park but you’re coming for the desert and you just can’t beat the location. This park puts you right in the middle of the desert experience with miles of hiking right out the steps of your rig. During wildflower season you’re literally in the middle of the blooms, and you simply can’t get any closer to Anza Borrego Park. If all this is too much civilization there is a lot of boondocking nearby (Peg Leg is a popular location). Oh, and only come here in the winter months, It gets way over 100F in the summer and the town practically shuts down.
Where Are We Today?Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
Port Townsend, WA Today Wednesday ThursdayChance of Rain75°/50°Thunderstorm70°/50°Chance of Rain68°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
- Squeeze Me And Yes, Please – Kalaloch, WA
- RV Park Review – American Sunset RV & Tent Resort, Westport, WA
- Holiday Madness Week At Bustling Westport, WA
- Food Truck Dining & Driving North
Top Posts & Pages
- Discovering Sequim Part I - Lighthouse Loving
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- RV Park Review - Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing