Our stay in the paradise that is the Western desert has given us new insight into the lore of heat management. In an environment that goes from freezing at night to boiling at mid-day, conserving heat, or rather the right kind of temperature becomes a daily obsession. And, so it is that we experimented with [...]
REVIEW updated as of latest stay Jan 2012
This was one of the first parks we stayed at in San Diego and continues to be one of our absolute favorite in the area. It’s a public park run by the water district, but has all the feel of an upscale, yet very natural private park. When we’re [...]
Every now and then on the blog we’ll cover RV sites, RV tips and the cast of characters that are travelling with us. Today, as the wind blasts through the desert I thought it would be a fine idea to address a most important topic, and that would be liquor.
No self-respecting fool, you see, [...]
It can’t be said that there’s a lot going in the 2,700-person desert town of Borrego Springs, but once a year a major event hits and we just happened to catch it. It’s the Peg Leg Liar’s contest and it’s basically a bunch of people spinning tall tales about lost gold in the [...]
From the great movie, Lawrence of Arabia:
Jackson Bentley: ‘What attracts you personally to the desert?’
T.E. Lawrence: ‘It’s clean.’
Today was a travel day, and an exciting one at that albeit for all the wrong reasons. Cat got out of the bag (literally), and we spent at least an hour frantically searching while I was wailing in the background. Thankfully all turned out well in the end (little devil found a hiding place in [...]
In the whole process of moving, the biggest mental strain was deciding what the heck to bring with us. I mean, honestly, what do you take with you on a 2-10 year journey in what is essentially a big tin can? Certain things were obvious. For example, the necessity of bringing 3 different expresso makers [...]
The next months or so after that fateful day in the RV show we went on our first outings with the RV. Driving the monster down the freeway we felt very much like little kids with a big, dangerous toy. We also had a steep learning curve and much time was spent referencing the 245-page [...]
In order to understand where we’re at, it’s been useful, so I’ve been told, to start at the beginning. So, although we’re almost a month and a half into our RV adventure, I thought I’d take a few days to whisk you back to the beginning of where it all started and that, my friends, [...]
And so it began…
On Mar 1st, 2010 the dog, the 2 cats, the man and I made the decision to pack away our stuff and coast across the US in a 40-foot moving home. Many may think this is nuts, and it may well be (we have been called by various such names in [...]
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy79°/48°Fog77°/48°Partly Cloudy77°/48°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing