People often ask us how we manage to keep such svelte and handsome bodies on the road. At least I imagine that people would ask us, given half the chance, were they not so much in awe of our physiques and thus too shy to approach. The theory is sound, nonetheless, and happily oblivious in this dream world I can now broach the topic of fitness.
As everyone knows, nutrition is the foundation of all health, so in addition to sound and healthful food, we supplement our regime with some kind of daily workout. Having a dog, apart from making Paul a natural chick magnet, is an immense support to our physical health, and she typically participates in every exercise we do. We’ll cover several of our fitness tips over time, but will start with my absolute favourite, and that’s sprinting.
This wonderful, 4-minute exercise can be done anytime, anywhere, with or without canine support, with or without children and is an absolute knock-out for building muscle and cardiovascular health. Here’s how you do it:
- Find an open space and sprint all-out for 20-30 seconds
- Rest for 10-30 seconds
- Go again
You’ll do 3-4 of these to start, and never more than 8 in a session. Simple, right?
Typically the dog goads us by running ahead and turning backwards to question our slowness as we exert ourselves to our physical max….good motivation, in any case. If sprinting is not your thing a bike or stairs or whatever gets your heart going can be substituted. The plan is just to go all-out and make the sessions short and intense. Also, you’ll only do sprints once a week, and that day it’s the only exercise you do.
So, if you’ve got 4 minutes to spare, give it a try.
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/45°Chance of Rain55°/37°Partly Cloudy54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV