People often ask us how we manage to keep such svelte and handsome bodies on the road. At least I imagine that people would ask us, given half the chance, were they not so much in awe of our physiques and thus too shy to approach. The theory is sound, nonetheless, and happily oblivious in this dream world I can now broach the topic of fitness.
As everyone knows, nutrition is the foundation of all health, so in addition to sound and healthful food, we supplement our regime with some kind of daily workout. Having a dog, apart from making Paul a natural chick magnet, is an immense support to our physical health, and she typically participates in every exercise we do. We’ll cover several of our fitness tips over time, but will start with my absolute favourite, and that’s sprinting.
This wonderful, 4-minute exercise can be done anytime, anywhere, with or without canine support, with or without children and is an absolute knock-out for building muscle and cardiovascular health. Here’s how you do it:
- Find an open space and sprint all-out for 20-30 seconds
- Rest for 10-30 seconds
- Go again
You’ll do 3-4 of these to start, and never more than 8 in a session. Simple, right?
Typically the dog goads us by running ahead and turning backwards to question our slowness as we exert ourselves to our physical max….good motivation, in any case. If sprinting is not your thing a bike or stairs or whatever gets your heart going can be substituted. The plan is just to go all-out and make the sessions short and intense. Also, you’ll only do sprints once a week, and that day it’s the only exercise you do.
So, if you’ve got 4 minutes to spare, give it a try.
Where Are We Today?Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
Port Townsend, WA Today Wednesday ThursdayChance of Rain75°/52°Chance of a Thunderstorm64°/52°Chance of Rain66°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
- Squeeze Me And Yes, Please – Kalaloch, WA
- RV Park Review – American Sunset RV & Tent Resort, Westport, WA
- Holiday Madness Week At Bustling Westport, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Discovering Sequim Part II - Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I - Lighthouse Loving
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- About Us
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing