When we moved into our RV the darling GPS naturally came with us but, as we very quickly found out, a GPS is simply not enough. Our handy little mobile home hits the road at ~42 feet long (~50 feet with the car towed in the back), a svelte 33,000 pounds of weight and rather limited turning capacity. So, knowing your route involves not only knowing the way, but also clearance (for tunnels), gradients, accessible gas stations and places to get out of trouble. Paul usually does the route-planning (see first paragraph), but over the past few months I’ve managed to make a marginal contribution and have become quite savvy with the various publications.
Here’s the best of the best:
- Good Sam’s RV Atlas - more than an atlas it maps campgrounds, truck routes and RV service centers
- Mountain Directory - a detailed description of mountain passes and steep grades specifically for RV’ers and truckers
- Good Sam’s Exit Now Directory - lists fuel, RV parks, truck stops, rest stops, hospitals, food and just about everything else available at each and every exit of the US interstate
So, for those looking to hit the open road, by all means bring the GPS, but don’t forget the good ‘ol books too.
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Wednesday ThursdayPartly Cloudy75°/52°Fog73°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey