“The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper” (Eden Phillpotts)
A sense of space and magic is exactly what you get at Lake Powell. It is a huge, gorgeous, awe-inspiring piece of water with over 1900 miles of shoreline (comparable to the entire US Atlantic coastline) and a capacity of over 7 trillion gallons. In an odd coincidence of numbers it took 3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days to dam and was completed in 1963. Wind, water and history have etched their lines into the rock so your eye feasts on the contrast of deep blue water and red sandstone rock.
This is an area that’s life-giving to most of the Western US and steeped in Indian lore too. You can loose yourself for days in the lake, hike the remote backcountry, bask on the beach, or frolic in the icy waters. As an extra bonus all the recreation areas are dog-friendly so man’s best friend can come right along with you on the adventure.
If we’d known it would be this cool, we’d have stayed for a month.
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Friday SaturdayClear75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/54°Partly Cloudy75°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience