“The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper” (Eden Phillpotts)
A sense of space and magic is exactly what you get at Lake Powell. It is a huge, gorgeous, awe-inspiring piece of water with over 1900 miles of shoreline (comparable to the entire US Atlantic coastline) and a capacity of over 7 trillion gallons. In an odd coincidence of numbers it took 3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days to dam and was completed in 1963. Wind, water and history have etched their lines into the rock so your eye feasts on the contrast of deep blue water and red sandstone rock.
This is an area that’s life-giving to most of the Western US and steeped in Indian lore too. You can loose yourself for days in the lake, hike the remote backcountry, bask on the beach, or frolic in the icy waters. As an extra bonus all the recreation areas are dog-friendly so man’s best friend can come right along with you on the adventure.
If we’d known it would be this cool, we’d have stayed for a month.
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy79°/48°Fog77°/48°Partly Cloudy77°/48°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing