I’ve heard it say that pigs are smarter than dogs.
As Paul and I saw it there was really only one way to find out…and that was to send Paul over there. He saw it as entering his proper element. After all, George Clooney had a pot-bellied pig so it takes a certain suave and swagger to pull it off. So, in our 2nd day at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary Paul volunteered w/ the pot-bellied pigs, while I went off gallavanting with the puppies again.
The result? Pigs are sweet, super-clean animals with ample bellies and a love of mud (which reminds me of a good many men I know). They’ll walk, follow you around and can even be taught to sit, but are not quite as interactive as our own Polly. Still, they’re quite captivating and cute in a corpulent way. At Piggy Paradise, as they call it, you can walk, talk and interact with the little lovlies. Should you become besotten you can even take a pig for a “sleep-over” (apparently the local Best Western approves of it).
Fancy a trip to the pigs?
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy79°/48°Fog77°/46°Fog77°/46°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience