This was a quick 2-day stop-over for us as we entered Colorado from Utah before heading into the mountains.
Link to Park here: KOA Grand Junction
- Site quality = 4/5
Very decent site quality here. Grassy area at each location plus bench and fire-pit. The sites themselves are gravel and some (but not all) have shade. There’s 50 AMP hookups, good water pressure and free cable too. Only negative is that you’re fairly close to your neighbour.
- Facilities = 4/5
Bathrooms are neat and clean but nothing overly fancy. Good showers with nice pressure.
- Amenities = 4/5
Decent selection of amenities here. Pool (albeit a small one), laundry, free WiFi, playground for the kids plus cart rentals. There’s also cabin rentals for those without an RV.
- Location = 3/5
The KOA is located a few miles outside of Grand Junction in a suburban area. There’s shopping in town and access to several nature areas around Grand Junction, but not too much at the KOA itself.
- Pet friendliness = 3/5
They accept pets here, but have breed restrictions (no Pit Bulls, Rotties or Dobermans) so they get a ding for that. They do have a long, narrow fenced-in dog-run and access to a walking trail (The Old Spanish Trail) ~5 blocks away. They also offer poo-bags on site.
Overall rating = 3.6
Summary: KOA’s are usually pretty consistent and this one was no exception. We wanted a reliable stop-over in Grand Junction and that’s exactly what I’d say this is. The sites are nice, the landscaping decent and the campground is clean and well-run with all the amenities you’d expect. It’s a city stop-over in a suburban area, so I wouldn’t stay here for the views or the nature access, but it’s a decent stopping site to explore the area or do some shopping. For nature-lovers I’d recommend heading to one of the 5 campsite sections of the James M. Robb Colorado River Park. That’s probably where we’ll stay next time we stop through.
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy73°/55°Clear75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing