The beauty of RVing is that you’re free-travelling rogues, king of the open road, wonderers off the beaten path so to speak. It’s the freedom of belonging to nowhere and answering to no one. All that’s great and good until you get your car registration bill from the DMV. It’s a real drag on the hippy lifestyle and reminds […]
Well finally getting to the last of our Utah posts. This campground was a stop-over on our drive from Capitol Reef area to Colorado. It’s a State Park so I’ll rate it using the same system we outlined for National Forests a few posts back. Here ya go…
Link to campground here: Green […]
The night before we rode down Hwy 12 in the monster Paul didn’t sleep. I, on the other hand, snoozed like a petrified log mostly because Paul hadn’t told me why he wasn’t sleeping. And, I started the day naive and happy like a newborn baby. It wasn’t until part of the way into the […]
They say there are only a few things certain in life…death, taxes and such…but I think Murphy’s Law of Indicator Lights can be added to that list. For the purpose of illustration and story-line, let’s take the random example of our RV.
When the monster is parked in a major town with full and speedy […]
Sometimes you can really sense the history of a place. I don’t mean by the buildings and such (although I’ve visited a great many gorgeous & historic spots in Europe), but I mean in the earth, in the mountains and in the rock itself.
It’s that sense of perspective you get when you look across a […]
As promised it’s double-duty today, so before your anticipation bursts here’s the 2nd review.
Site Quality = 5/5
Awesome sites here all the way round the loop. There’s group sites at the front of the campground with […]
Given our new love affair with National Forests we’ve decided to include some ratings of these fabulous campsites in our blog. Keeping in mind that many of these places are more “rustic” than regular RV parks they won’t have frilly amenities like pools or WiFi so we’ve shortened the rating system down to 4 […]
Most people in life want the original masterpiece, the real McCoy so to speak. I have to admit I’ve never been one of those people. Put it down to my naturally frugal nature, or just the fact that I’m a bit of an odd-ball, but I’ve always been more attracted to going off the beaten […]
Hoodoo, Hoodly-dum, hookey, hokus
I think I see a doodledum in the nokus
The word hoodoo seems like it would come from a very silly rhyme in a Dr.Zeuss book. In fact the origin of the word is West African and can mean both a form of magic, nonsense or hokum, or a […]
Well, with a bit of technological magic we’ve managed to find a signal here in Red Canyon thanks to our trusty Verizon Wireless card (our AT&T cellphones have not a single bar…no surprise there). This gives me the chance to shoot off the latest RV Park Review before we move on. So, here we go….
Where Are We Today?Sam's Family Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- 3,000,000 Thanks….And More To Come!
- Looost In Spaaaaace – Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A “Tippy” ?@#! Drive – Lone Pine, CA
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 – Bishop, CA
- Free Campsite Review – Glass Creek NFS Campground, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Closer To The Sun – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Dry As A Bone – Washoe Lake, NV
- The Call Of Hwy 395 & The Mountains
- An Early Christmas Present -> Our New MSH3012 PSW Inverter
- Tasty RV Eats -> Curried Roasted Cauliflower
Top Posts & Pages
- 3,000,000 Thanks....And More To Come!
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Looost In Spaaaaace - Trona Pinnacles, CA
- About Us
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A "Tippy" ?@#! Drive - Lone Pine, CA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
Where We’ve Been