A quick review of the Natonal Forest campground we stayed at near Nederland, CO.
Link to Campground Here: Kelly Dahl Campground, CO
- Site Quality = 3/5
There’s definitely variation in site quality here. All sites are dirt and vary quite a bit in size and levelness (the one we reserved, although it was listed as a 40′ site was too small and uneven for us to fit, so we switched on arrival). Selection of sites with shade or more open. Most sites have a pretty forest view with a good deal of space between campers. Each site also has a table, fire-pit and grill.
- Facilities = 2.5/5
There’s pit toilets and a playground on-site, but no other major facilities. There’s also potable water at several locatons. No dump station.
- Location = 5/5
This is a gorgeous location with direct access to trails in the National Forest and a quick 3-mile drive to Nederland. Beautiful views of the forest and surrounding mountains.
- Pet Friendliness = 5/5
They’re pooch friendly here and you can have your dog hang out at your campsite and on the trails.
Overall Rating = 3.9
BONUS ALERT = gorgeous mountain location and zany Nederland at your doorstep
Summary: This was a gorgeous stop for us next to Nederland, CO. The campsite is located at 8,600 feet and is nestled right in the Arapaho forest. Half of the sites are reservable whereas other half are first-come-first-serve. There’s definitely sites for big-rigs, but I’d say the majority of the campground is better suited for tenters or smaller rigs (only a handful of sites are level or large enough for big-rigs). There’s direct access to trails from the campground and it’s a short ride to Nederland and miles of other trails around the area. Overall it’s a primitive campground in a pretty and serene natural setting. We’d definitely stay here again.
Extra Info: Much to our surprise our AT&T cellphones worked, but our Verizon wireless card didn’t. Sites cost $17/night. Water, but no dump station. No hookups. Mix of reserve and first-come-first-serve sites.
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy79°/48°Fog77°/48°Partly Cloudy77°/48°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing