And the Colorado rocky mountain high
I’ve seen it rainin’ fire in the sky
You can talk to God and listen to the casual reply
Rocky mountain high
(John Denver, “Rocky Mountain High”)
Well, we’ve spent 6 awesome weeks in Colorado and it’s just about time to come down off the mountain and head to the north. We’ve been quite smitten by the place and gotten well into the groove of mountain living.
We’ve experienced it all, from good ‘ol beer in Golden, to the frozen guy in Nederlands, to the top of the peaks on Mount Evans, and a few sore tushies in Grand Lake. It’s felt comfortable and homely, like slipping on an old glove, and we’ve absolutely revelled in it. But before we sprout tails and morph into the local wildlife, we’ll pull ourselves together for a quick Au Revoir and leave you with a few last impressions from our fabulous time here. As John Denver so aptly put it, there’s something altogether spiritual about the place.
Where Are We Today?Orcas Island, WA
Orcas Island, WA Today Saturday SundayClear72°/54°Partly Cloudy72°/54°Clear73°/55°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
- We Sail, We Climb, We Conquer – Orcas Island, WA
- SP Campground Review – Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
- Whipping Through Whidbey Island, WA
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts - Patos Island, WA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience
- The Journey