Before we go on with our gripping travel tales, just a quick review of the campsite we stayed at in Loveland, CO.
Link to campground here: Boyd Lake State Park
- Site Quality = 4/5
Very nice sites here. All are long, curved pull-though concrete pads and have electric hook-ups (20/30/50 Amp). Nice separation between campers with grass, bench and grill. Only small ding is that pads are a tad tight (width-wise) and not all sites have shade.
- Facilities = 4.5/5
Top marks for facilities here. There’s flush toilets, kept nicely clean and coin-operated showers with excellent pressure. Central dump station and potable water on-site too.
- Location = 5/5
The park is beautifully located right next to Boyd Lake with direct access to swimming beach, water, biking and hiking trails. There’s even a small store at the swim-beach, plus playgrounds and grilling areas at various points around the lake. You’re also just ~1 mile away from central Loveland and a quick 20-min jaunt from Fort Collins with all the shopping you’d ever need.
- Pet Friendliness = 4.5/5
The park is pet friendly and there’s miles of hiking around the lake to walk doggie. Only slight ding…you can’t (officially) let fido swim in the lake.
Overall Rating = 4.5
BONUS ALERT = An oasis of green and water right next to Loveland
Summary: We were pleasantly surprised by this gem of a park. It was just meant as a place to park for our 2-day stopover while we serviced the RV, but we ended up loving the place. Located ~1 mile from Loveland, it’s beautifully situated next to a large lake (only 5 mins walk from any campsite) and surrounded by miles of hiking and biking trails. All the sites are level, concrete and have the bonus of electric hook-up. We were able to sit at our campsite and watch the sun set over the lake while Polly played in the grass. If we come through here again, we’ll definitely stay longer.
Extra Info: AT&T cellphone and Verizon wireless card both worked here. Sites $20/night, but you also need to pay $7/night for Park Entrance fee. 148 sites, reservable online.
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Monday TuesdayFog75°/50°Fog79°/48°Fog75°/46°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- About Us
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience