Before we go on with our gripping travel tales, just a quick review of the campsite we stayed at in Loveland, CO.
Link to campground here: Boyd Lake State Park
- Site Quality = 4/5
Very nice sites here. All are long, curved pull-though concrete pads and have electric hook-ups (20/30/50 Amp). Nice separation between campers with grass, bench and grill. Only small ding is that pads are a tad tight (width-wise) and not all sites have shade.
- Facilities = 4.5/5
Top marks for facilities here. There’s flush toilets, kept nicely clean and coin-operated showers with excellent pressure. Central dump station and potable water on-site too.
- Location = 5/5
The park is beautifully located right next to Boyd Lake with direct access to swimming beach, water, biking and hiking trails. There’s even a small store at the swim-beach, plus playgrounds and grilling areas at various points around the lake. You’re also just ~1 mile away from central Loveland and a quick 20-min jaunt from Fort Collins with all the shopping you’d ever need.
- Pet Friendliness = 4.5/5
The park is pet friendly and there’s miles of hiking around the lake to walk doggie. Only slight ding…you can’t (officially) let fido swim in the lake.
Overall Rating = 4.5
BONUS ALERT = An oasis of green and water right next to Loveland
Summary: We were pleasantly surprised by this gem of a park. It was just meant as a place to park for our 2-day stopover while we serviced the RV, but we ended up loving the place. Located ~1 mile from Loveland, it’s beautifully situated next to a large lake (only 5 mins walk from any campsite) and surrounded by miles of hiking and biking trails. All the sites are level, concrete and have the bonus of electric hook-up. We were able to sit at our campsite and watch the sun set over the lake while Polly played in the grass. If we come through here again, we’ll definitely stay longer.
Extra Info: AT&T cellphone and Verizon wireless card both worked here. Sites $20/night, but you also need to pay $7/night for Park Entrance fee. 148 sites, reservable online.
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy73°/55°Clear75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing