Welcome to Wyoming!
It’s one of the least populated States in the US, with only 544,000 people on 97,818 sq mi (253,348 km2) of space (about 1/60 the density of Denmark) and the locals like it that way. Home of the cowboy, the rodeo and the open plains this place sure ain’t for city folk. Rush hour is a car in front of you, a good walk could take you a couple of days and everybody’s eating buffalo for dinner.
On the way here we even passed a bit of a landmark, one of the 4 towns in the US with a grand population of 1 (according to the 2000 census…although the Major claims, as my father so deftly researched, that the population had swelled to 5 by 2002 and stabilized at 3 by 2009). Lost Springs, WY was established in 1880’s by iron-workers searching for natural springs reputed to be in the area (they never found them), and has endured to this day. It’s a typical Wyoming town…a spattering of houses, a few horses, possibly a grocer and then a whole lotta nothing.
Wide open sky and the space to savor it. If you like wild country, this is definitely the place to be.
Where Are We Today?Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
Sequim, WA Today Wednesday ThursdayChance of Rain72°/50°Chance of a Thunderstorm68°/50°Chance of Rain68°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
- Squeeze Me And Yes, Please – Kalaloch, WA
- RV Park Review – American Sunset RV & Tent Resort, Westport, WA
- Holiday Madness Week At Bustling Westport, WA
- Food Truck Dining & Driving North
Top Posts & Pages
- Discovering Sequim Part I - Lighthouse Loving
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- RV Park Review - Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing