Welcome to Wyoming!
It’s one of the least populated States in the US, with only 544,000 people on 97,818 sq mi (253,348 km2) of space (about 1/60 the density of Denmark) and the locals like it that way. Home of the cowboy, the rodeo and the open plains this place sure ain’t for city folk. Rush hour is a car in front of you, a good walk could take you a couple of days and everybody’s eating buffalo for dinner.
On the way here we even passed a bit of a landmark, one of the 4 towns in the US with a grand population of 1 (according to the 2000 census…although the Major claims, as my father so deftly researched, that the population had swelled to 5 by 2002 and stabilized at 3 by 2009). Lost Springs, WY was established in 1880’s by iron-workers searching for natural springs reputed to be in the area (they never found them), and has endured to this day. It’s a typical Wyoming town…a spattering of houses, a few horses, possibly a grocer and then a whole lotta nothing.
Wide open sky and the space to savor it. If you like wild country, this is definitely the place to be.
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/43°Chance of Rain54°/37°Chance of Rain54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- The Journey
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness