I’ve always been a hardware store groupie. The scintillating rows of nails, screws, tapes are oh so inviting and the shelves of high-powered machinery are almost sensual. There’s really nothing like a trip to Home Depot or a good power-drill to make a woman’s day, and I still remember fondly the day Paul gave me one as a Christmas present. So it’s no surprise, with this little penchant of mine, that I’m naturally drawn to Camping World and can happily spend several hours oooing and aaahing over possibly-extremely-useful RV gadgets. Many of the little nick nacks turn out to be mere decoration or only moderately useful, but every now and then there’s a home runner that I think every good RVer should own.
Say hello to the Water Thief.
This little $4 rubber wonder sounds like it could sneak you through the night and magically fill up your water tanks while others are blissfully asleep. It’s almost that good. In fact it’s a really simple gadget, just a rubber tube with threads on one end and an opening on the other, that does an awesome job of connecting to just about any water source out there. For example, in alot of the more primitive campgrounds the water faucets have no threads which makes it darned hard to fill up the tanks with a regular hose. Or, if you want to fill up on the road and all you have access to is a regular water tap, you just can’t make a tight connection. This little gem does that for you and has saved us many a time in the past few months. A recommendation you will not regret…as they say, I guarantee it.
Where Are We Today?Sam's Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Desert Hot Springs, CA Today Monday TuesdayPartly Cloudy57°/36°Clear57°/34°Clear63°/34°
Love the Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- The Wheeling It Blog Has MOVED!!!!
- 2013 “Big 5″ RV Christmas Wish-List
- Thankful & Historic
- A Few More Dog-Friendly Hikes – Desert Hot Springs, CA
- The Wonderfully Crazy Desert…
- Self-Medical Care Part III – Negotiating Doctors, Hospitals & Clinics With Cash Pay
- Self-Medical Care Part II – Self-Testing Links
- Self-Medical Care Part I – Why Do It?
- Spa, Spa, Spa….And RV Buddies! Desert Hot Springs, CA
- Our Top 5 Essential Boondocking Items
- Halloween Hairiness & More Putzing…Lone Pine, CA
- Putzing, Putzing, Putzing…And RV Sue!
- Boondocking Site Review – Volcanic Tablelands BLM, Bishop, CA
- $2 Gourmet Meals, Railroads & Some Apples – Bishop, CA
- Boondocking & Bumming In Bishop, CA