Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran
I’ve always been a nature-lover. I’m much happier playing in the dirt than sitting in a spa whch I guess brings me closer to the pigs than to the movie stars, and I’m quite alright with that. One of the many things I love about nature (and dirt) is her ability to astound and surprise no matter how much time you spend with her. She’s like the perfect woman, or man if you will, never worried about how you look, imperfect in every way, and yet always wild, fresh and exciting. It’s true everywhere, and here in the Black Hills of South Dakota we’ve not been dissapointed either.
One of our first surprises has been the rasberries. As it turns out the hills here are bursting with wild rasberries. These unique berries can be traced back to the slopes of Mount Ida in Turkey where the Greeks, as legend has it, first discovered them growing around 1st century BC. Undoubtedly they’ve existed even longer and provide a fabulous array of antioxidants, antimicrobial and anticarcinogenic properties. It’s a little burst of nature’s sugar in a super-nutritious and seductively delicious package and it’s just everywhere. We’ve been revelling in it and even the dog’s gotten into the grove, having learnt to pick the berries herself from the bush.
So, if you haven’t tried playing in the dirt for a while, give yourself the chance to get out there and do it. You never know what nature will honor to give you if you take the time to discover her.
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy64°/41°Partly Cloudy68°/39°Chance of Rain54°/36°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey
- About Us
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness