Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran
I’ve always been a nature-lover. I’m much happier playing in the dirt than sitting in a spa whch I guess brings me closer to the pigs than to the movie stars, and I’m quite alright with that. One of the many things I love about nature (and dirt) is her ability to astound and surprise no matter how much time you spend with her. She’s like the perfect woman, or man if you will, never worried about how you look, imperfect in every way, and yet always wild, fresh and exciting. It’s true everywhere, and here in the Black Hills of South Dakota we’ve not been dissapointed either.
One of our first surprises has been the rasberries. As it turns out the hills here are bursting with wild rasberries. These unique berries can be traced back to the slopes of Mount Ida in Turkey where the Greeks, as legend has it, first discovered them growing around 1st century BC. Undoubtedly they’ve existed even longer and provide a fabulous array of antioxidants, antimicrobial and anticarcinogenic properties. It’s a little burst of nature’s sugar in a super-nutritious and seductively delicious package and it’s just everywhere. We’ve been revelling in it and even the dog’s gotten into the grove, having learnt to pick the berries herself from the bush.
So, if you haven’t tried playing in the dirt for a while, give yourself the chance to get out there and do it. You never know what nature will honor to give you if you take the time to discover her.
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Friday SaturdayClear75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/54°Partly Cloudy75°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience