- Site Quality = 4/5
Very nice sites here. They’re hard-gravel back-ins, very long and quite flat. Good space between campers, nice shade and picnic table and fire-pit at each site. Electric sites available.
- Facilities = 4/5
Another good State Park in terms of facilities. There was flush and decent hot showers (free), dump station, potable water and even a laundry (which was only $0.75 per load). Lots of picnic areas and rest areas around the park too.
- Location = 3/5
This is more of a stop-over location. It’s in a lovely, natural setting surrounded by forest, 2 lakes and trails, but with only the very small town of Knob Noster close by. It’s conveniently located off Hwy 50, however, and back far enough that it’s nice and quiet.
- Pet Friendliness = 5/5
Another great park for doggie. Lots of hiking trails, good nature and space to hang out.
Overall Rating = 4
BONUS ALERT = Meeting point of prairies, forest and savanna
Summary: This was another nice little stop-over for us on our way to St Louis. State Parks, in general, are great options in the MidWest. Lots of space, lovely natural settings and all the perks of hot showers, flush toilets and electricity at a fraction of the cost of a developed campsite. This was no exception. Knob Noster is set in 3,934 acres of natural habitat which is a unique mix of prairie, forest and savanna. The sites were flat and large with electricity and shade, plus lots of hiking trails right from your doorstep. There was even a laundry. We’d stop-over here again.
Extra Info: AT&T Cellphones & Verizon wireless both worked. Selection of reservable and electric sites. Sites are $21/night for electric in high-season, $19/night in off-season. Central dump and potable water.
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy64°/45°Chance of Rain68°/41°Chance of Rain54°/32°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing