- Site Quality = 4/5
Very nice sites here. They’re hard-gravel back-ins, very long and quite flat. Good space between campers, nice shade and picnic table and fire-pit at each site. Electric sites available.
- Facilities = 4/5
Another good State Park in terms of facilities. There was flush and decent hot showers (free), dump station, potable water and even a laundry (which was only $0.75 per load). Lots of picnic areas and rest areas around the park too.
- Location = 3/5
This is more of a stop-over location. It’s in a lovely, natural setting surrounded by forest, 2 lakes and trails, but with only the very small town of Knob Noster close by. It’s conveniently located off Hwy 50, however, and back far enough that it’s nice and quiet.
- Pet Friendliness = 5/5
Another great park for doggie. Lots of hiking trails, good nature and space to hang out.
Overall Rating = 4
BONUS ALERT = Meeting point of prairies, forest and savanna
Summary: This was another nice little stop-over for us on our way to St Louis. State Parks, in general, are great options in the MidWest. Lots of space, lovely natural settings and all the perks of hot showers, flush toilets and electricity at a fraction of the cost of a developed campsite. This was no exception. Knob Noster is set in 3,934 acres of natural habitat which is a unique mix of prairie, forest and savanna. The sites were flat and large with electricity and shade, plus lots of hiking trails right from your doorstep. There was even a laundry. We’d stop-over here again.
Extra Info: AT&T Cellphones & Verizon wireless both worked. Selection of reservable and electric sites. Sites are $21/night for electric in high-season, $19/night in off-season. Central dump and potable water.
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Monday TuesdayFog75°/50°Fog79°/48°Fog75°/46°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- About Us
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience