A mint julep is not a product of a formula. It is a ceremony and must be performed by a gentleman possessing a true sense of the artistic; a deep reverence for the ingredients and a proper appreciation of the occasion.Lt. Simon Bolivar Buckner, 1937
Ahhh, Kentucky….land of bourbon and BBQ, fried chicken and the venerable Kentucky Derby. I feel a sudden impulse to wear large, floppy hats and sip Mint Juleps while giving out practical southern advice. After all, with our passing out of Illinois we’ve now officially entered the South and, as everyone knows, things are different here. A certain sense of ceremony and history about the place, even when it comes to drinking, as Lt Buckner so eloquently explained.
With our entrance into this new phase of our travels we also feel a change in the air. The very first stirrings of fall, a subtle changing of colors and a sniff of cooler nights. We drop our jacks at Kentucky Lake and admire the view. Instantly we decide to stay longer than planned to absorb the whole thing fully. After all, everyone takes their fine time in the South and, as they say down here, if something just dills your pickle, it should be worth stickin’ around for.
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°Fog73°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing