A mint julep is not a product of a formula. It is a ceremony and must be performed by a gentleman possessing a true sense of the artistic; a deep reverence for the ingredients and a proper appreciation of the occasion.Lt. Simon Bolivar Buckner, 1937
Ahhh, Kentucky….land of bourbon and BBQ, fried chicken and the venerable Kentucky Derby. I feel a sudden impulse to wear large, floppy hats and sip Mint Juleps while giving out practical southern advice. After all, with our passing out of Illinois we’ve now officially entered the South and, as everyone knows, things are different here. A certain sense of ceremony and history about the place, even when it comes to drinking, as Lt Buckner so eloquently explained.
With our entrance into this new phase of our travels we also feel a change in the air. The very first stirrings of fall, a subtle changing of colors and a sniff of cooler nights. We drop our jacks at Kentucky Lake and admire the view. Instantly we decide to stay longer than planned to absorb the whole thing fully. After all, everyone takes their fine time in the South and, as they say down here, if something just dills your pickle, it should be worth stickin’ around for.
Where Are We Today?Sam's Family Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Looost In Spaaaaace – Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A “Tippy” ?@#! Drive – Lone Pine, CA
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 – Bishop, CA
- Free Campsite Review – Glass Creek NFS Campground, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Closer To The Sun – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Dry As A Bone – Washoe Lake, NV
- The Call Of Hwy 395 & The Mountains
- An Early Christmas Present -> Our New MSH3012 PSW Inverter
- Tasty RV Eats -> Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- Repairs, Remodels & Reunions – Eugene, OR
Top Posts & Pages
- Looost In Spaaaaace - Trona Pinnacles, CA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A "Tippy" ?@#! Drive - Lone Pine, CA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 - Bishop, CA
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method