Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower (Albert Camus)
Well, we’re almost done with our stay in the Smokies and it’s been a perfect 3 weeks. When we arrived the mountains were still green with summer. Then, with a few days of frost and autumn sun they burst forth with all the glory of fall color.
Our last week has been spent just outside Asheville, NC, a bohemian mountain town with the feel of San Francisco and a strong link to the land. In fact farmers are a such a big part of the culture that the local food guide is over 100 pages long. We’ve had expresso downtown, bought pastured eggs from a side-stall in the country and driven the warm-hued hills of the Smokies along the iconic Blue Ridge Parkway. The entire area is also incredibly dog-friendly with pooch’s on every trail and pets accepted in every outdoor restaurant. And to top it all off the people are as warm as their furry friends. It’s the perfect mix of city, outdoors and good Southern charm.
There’s so much more to do in the area, but the leaves are falling and moving on and so are we. As the colors fade in our windshield we’ll say adieu to the Smokies and hope we meet again.
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°Fog73°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA