Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower (Albert Camus)
Well, we’re almost done with our stay in the Smokies and it’s been a perfect 3 weeks. When we arrived the mountains were still green with summer. Then, with a few days of frost and autumn sun they burst forth with all the glory of fall color.
Our last week has been spent just outside Asheville, NC, a bohemian mountain town with the feel of San Francisco and a strong link to the land. In fact farmers are a such a big part of the culture that the local food guide is over 100 pages long. We’ve had expresso downtown, bought pastured eggs from a side-stall in the country and driven the warm-hued hills of the Smokies along the iconic Blue Ridge Parkway. The entire area is also incredibly dog-friendly with pooch’s on every trail and pets accepted in every outdoor restaurant. And to top it all off the people are as warm as their furry friends. It’s the perfect mix of city, outdoors and good Southern charm.
There’s so much more to do in the area, but the leaves are falling and moving on and so are we. As the colors fade in our windshield we’ll say adieu to the Smokies and hope we meet again.
Where Are We Today?Orcas Island, WA
Orcas Island, WA Today Saturday SundayPartly Cloudy72°/55°Clear72°/54°Fog70°/55°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
- We Sail, We Climb, We Conquer – Orcas Island, WA
- SP Campground Review – Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
- Whipping Through Whidbey Island, WA
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts - Patos Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations - 5 "Western Arm" Gems
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience