Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower (Albert Camus)
Well, we’re almost done with our stay in the Smokies and it’s been a perfect 3 weeks. When we arrived the mountains were still green with summer. Then, with a few days of frost and autumn sun they burst forth with all the glory of fall color.
Our last week has been spent just outside Asheville, NC, a bohemian mountain town with the feel of San Francisco and a strong link to the land. In fact farmers are a such a big part of the culture that the local food guide is over 100 pages long. We’ve had expresso downtown, bought pastured eggs from a side-stall in the country and driven the warm-hued hills of the Smokies along the iconic Blue Ridge Parkway. The entire area is also incredibly dog-friendly with pooch’s on every trail and pets accepted in every outdoor restaurant. And to top it all off the people are as warm as their furry friends. It’s the perfect mix of city, outdoors and good Southern charm.
There’s so much more to do in the area, but the leaves are falling and moving on and so are we. As the colors fade in our windshield we’ll say adieu to the Smokies and hope we meet again.
Where Are We Today?Sam's Family Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- 3,000,000 Thanks….And More To Come!
- Looost In Spaaaaace – Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A “Tippy” ?@#! Drive – Lone Pine, CA
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 – Bishop, CA
- Free Campsite Review – Glass Creek NFS Campground, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Closer To The Sun – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Dry As A Bone – Washoe Lake, NV
- The Call Of Hwy 395 & The Mountains
- An Early Christmas Present -> Our New MSH3012 PSW Inverter
- Tasty RV Eats -> Curried Roasted Cauliflower
Top Posts & Pages
- 3,000,000 Thanks....And More To Come!
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Looost In Spaaaaace - Trona Pinnacles, CA
- About Us
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A "Tippy" ?@#! Drive - Lone Pine, CA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
Where We’ve Been