Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower (Albert Camus)
Well, we’re almost done with our stay in the Smokies and it’s been a perfect 3 weeks. When we arrived the mountains were still green with summer. Then, with a few days of frost and autumn sun they burst forth with all the glory of fall color.
Our last week has been spent just outside Asheville, NC, a bohemian mountain town with the feel of San Francisco and a strong link to the land. In fact farmers are a such a big part of the culture that the local food guide is over 100 pages long. We’ve had expresso downtown, bought pastured eggs from a side-stall in the country and driven the warm-hued hills of the Smokies along the iconic Blue Ridge Parkway. The entire area is also incredibly dog-friendly with pooch’s on every trail and pets accepted in every outdoor restaurant. And to top it all off the people are as warm as their furry friends. It’s the perfect mix of city, outdoors and good Southern charm.
There’s so much more to do in the area, but the leaves are falling and moving on and so are we. As the colors fade in our windshield we’ll say adieu to the Smokies and hope we meet again.
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy79°/48°Fog77°/48°Partly Cloudy77°/48°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey