- Site Quality = 2/5
This is a primitve campground and the sites reflect that. Nothing fancy here, just dirt/forest-surface back-ins with picnic table and fire-pit. The sites vary quite a bit in size and level, but they’re are large, well-separated, nicely shaded and you can easily get the biggest rig in here.
- Facilities = 2/5
The only facilities here are vault toilets. The campground does have a day-use area (with large, grassy field) and direct access to over 30 miles of horse/bike/hike trails.
- Location = 4/5
Gotta give this place kudos for location. You’re just off Hwy 26, yet you feel like you’re in deep, secluded forest and you’re only a few miles from the small town of Whitmire,SC. It’s a primitive location with civilization not too far away.
- Pet Friendliness = 5/5
Another doggie haven. Lots of open space, hiking trails and little critters to chase.
Overall Rating = 3.25
BONUS ALERT = A secluded forest campground for only $5!
Summary: You really can’t get a much better deal than this! For $5/night you’re in a secluded and peaceful forest campground. It’s right off Hwy 26 and close to Whitmire, SC yet feels like it’s way out there. The campground is basic and primitive, nothing but forest ground and vault toilets here, but the surrounding area is lovely with over 30 miles of horse/bike/hike trails and lots of space for yourself and your furry friends. The campground attracts hunters and horse-men, so there’s plenty of room to fit big-rigs. This is a very basic campground, but it’s wonderfully peaceful. Great dry-camping spot and one to keep on the list!
Extra Info: Amazingly both Verizon datacard and AT&T phones worked. Primitive sites only (no hookups). $5/night. NO water or dump.
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy64°/45°Chance of Rain68°/41°Chance of Rain54°/32°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing