Tis a happy man who doth have internet access in the boonies
(Nina Fussing, 2010)
It was the perfect site. Gorgeous woods, the scent of nature in the air, leaves drifting like rays of sunshine in colorful fall. Oh yes, all was right with the world. Except…..there was no internet access. Nothing, nada, zip, ziltch. [...]
It was a long and windy trail…a reaaaallly long and windy trail. In fact, for those with the gumption to do it, the Appalachian Trail is an impressive 2,179 miles (3,507 km) long and follows the rim of the Appalachian mountains from Georgia to Maine. More than just a day-stroll, it usually takes an [...]
This is where we’re staying right now and is an absolute gem of a find in the northern end of the Smoky Mountains
Link to campground here: Rock Creek, Cherokee National Forest
Link to map here: Rock Creek Recreation Area
Site Quality = 5/5
For a National Forest these are some [...]
I’ve managed to fall a bit behind on our park reviews so will try to kick a couple out and get up to date. This first one was a stop-over on our way to the Smokies.
The outside temperature has dropped to the 40′s (4°C), it’s drizzling a bone-chilling cold and we’re deep, deep into the TN forest. It’s moments like this that make you wonder what happens when 2 geeks in their expedition-weight Patagonia underwear spend several days holed-up in a large tin-can in the wilderness. Well, there’s many ways of keeping warm, of course…copious [...]
I’ve waited a long time to see the Smokies. Somehow these majestic old hills have always held a magical lure for me and I’ve imagined standing in their blue shadow for years. It’s now the beginning of fall. The air chills with moisture, a thick fog invites the morning and the trees burst with the [...]
Every now and then even the most hardened outdoorsy girl needs a wash. The RV and us are pretty zen about the whole deal and don’t think about it too often, but sometimes we do long for that lovely, shiny lustre…just to show off a bit, you know. We dry-camp quite a bit so when we go [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/45°Chance of Rain54°/37°Partly Cloudy54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Windy Days & An Old Fort – Silver Springs, NV
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Windy Days & An Old Fort - Silver Springs, NV
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness