Well, we’ve made it to Thanksgiving. This year, for the first time ever, we’ll be spending it in our RV, together with Paul’s dad who’s rolled up in his own “beast” right next to us at Markam Park, FL. It’s the time of year when the turkey comes out, pumpkin reigns supreme and we take a few moments to think of the things we are thankful for in life.
I never knew what all this Thanksgiving business was about until I moved over to the US. It’s a new-world tradition that roots back to the time of the pilgrims and a harvest feast that was shared in 1621 between the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians. Over the years the feast became a tradition and in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national Thanksgiving Day to be held each November.
So, here we are, and in the midst of a world that seems to thrive on sensational and negative news, I really like the idea of sharing thanks for the things we feel are positive in life. I’m reminded of a scene in “Joe vs the Volcano” where Joe Banks, shipwrecked and close to dying sees the glorious moon-rise and breaks down with the heartfelt words “Dear God whose name I do not know, thank you for my life”. So, here I go;
Thank you for all the beauty
Thank you for all the sunsets
Thank you for all the breath-taking views
Thank you to those I meet who enrich my life
Thank you for the people I love and those who love me
Thank you for those moments that take my breath away
And above all….
Thank you so very much for my beautiful life
Have a wonderful turkey-day everyone!
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Wednesday ThursdayClear79°/48°Partly Cloudy81°/46°Clear84°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey