Well, it was another of those moody weather days yesterday and for those of you that read my recent post on the subject, you’ll know that meant I was out prowling the scene for a good shot. A late afternoon walk by the lake here at Markham gave me exactly that, and thanks to my little point-and-shoot I managed to capture the moment while Polly patiently waited for me to finish (the dog is used to my photographic ADHD lapses by now).
A bit like days of past these last glorious rays of the day seemed to portent for today, but in a very good way. You see we’re getting solar installed! So, as I watched the mighty sun fade away I dreamed of harnessing that power with the 600 Watts of panels that we’re getting on the roof today. I won’t spoil all the fun, but will just tease you a tad by revealing that I’ve got a few posts coming on the whole solar thing. As with all things, it was waaaay more complicated than we originally dreamed and yet surprisingly simple in the end, but then the path to off-the-gridhood is written by many trials and experiences. So….until then…enjoy the shot!
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy64°/41°Partly Cloudy68°/39°Chance of Rain54°/36°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey
- About Us
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness