An interesting and historic stop in a City Park on the Gulf Coast of AL. Monthly rates are a deal!
Site Quality = 2.5/5
The sites here are not what you write home about. This campground is mostly [...]
“Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead” Admiral Farragut, Aug 5th, 1864
It’s said that Admiral Farragut uttered these rousing words on Aug 5th, 1864 as his fleet, blocked by torpedo fields and under gunfire from Fort Gaines and Fort Morgan plunged ahead through the mouth of Mobile Bay to a key victory in the Battle of Mobile Bay. [...]
We woke up to the most gorgeous of mornings today and I just had to share it. The view outside our window had transformed from an overnight gloom of heavy fog and rain to a brilliant sunshine rich with sea air, blue sky and the lure of the ocean. The draw was irresistable and we just [...]
One of the most common questions asked by people looking to full-time RV is “how much does it take?”. Since we’ve been on the road for over a year now, we have a good 10 months experience on this since we did our last post on budget in April 2010. Back then our view was “whatever you have” and honestly [...]
So, we’ve left the land of sunshine and snowbirds and landed ourselves in Alabama, and thanks to a bit of paw-friendly planning we’ve discovered another fabulous beach here on Dauphin Island. We deliberately skirted the popular Gulf Shores area precisely because we wanted a paw-friendly experience, and I have to admit this place delivers. It doesn’t have quite the pristine [...]
A really neat beach-forest stop in the “inner” Panhandle.
Site Quality = 5/5
The sites here are excellent. They are very large compacted, flat gravel surfaces (disabled sites are concrete) with picnic table, grill, fire-pit and full hookups (50Amp/water/sewer). [...]
So, we’re almost at the end of our time in Florida. We decided to spend our last few days here in a little State Forest in the “inner Panhandle”. It was a bit of a “just point at the map” kind of choice and we really had no idea what it would be like, but it seems [...]
An absolutely sublime beach stop on the Forgotten Coast of NW Florida.
Site Quality = 4/5
Very decent sites here. Most sites are compacted sandy areas with 30Amp/water picnic table and fire-pit. There are 2 [...]
Well, we’re off on the road again today and it’s with a tug of regret that we leave this wonderful place. It’s been so extraordinary here that it’s made our list of possible places to eventually settle down. Property prices are inexpensive as it’s been hard hit by the economy and the oil-spill (which never [...]
I’d been duly warned by those in the know that the Panhandle Coast is one of the least dog-friendly spots in the country. For a couple like us, where camping is ALL about the paws, this was a rather depressing piece of info, and unfortunately my preliminary investigations showed it to be true. There are 5 [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Friday SaturdayPartly Cloudy68°/45°Chance of Rain54°/37°Partly Cloudy54°/37°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Windy Days & An Old Fort – Silver Springs, NV
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Windy Days & An Old Fort - Silver Springs, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV