So, I’m going to do a bit of an Alice in Wonderland with you today. I’m going to take you back in time and down the tunnel to explore the strange and mysterious in life. I often do this kind of thing, not only because I find it fascinating, but also because it opens my eyes to things I never imagined, and lets me see the beauty that daily life hides beneath.
Now, I’ll tell you up front that I’m taking the dog with us on this journey mostly because she’s the perfect photographic companion. The hubby tends to become rather impatient as I lose myself in the roadside moss for the better part of half an hour. Why, I really don’t know. Personally I find the stuff fascinating and the dog completely agrees with me. She’s learnt to take advantage of my explorations of the weirder things in life by smelling the roses (or whatever else is at hand) and waits patiently until I’ve satisfied the lens and my own curiosity.
So, here we go on a little walk down Suwanee River Trail. The evening sun is drifting through the forest and gives a diffuse glow to everything underfoot. I get down on the ground with my lens and trusty extension tubes and let nature lead me. Like following the rabbit down the hole I find all kinds of weird and wonderful shapes just waiting for me to see them.
It’s a piece of plain moss, the light on a palm or a simple weed that amazes me. These may be the small things in life, but they all have a story to tell and in the right light they can all be beautiful. It’s the little curls, the whiffs of light and the colors that attract me, and all it takes are a few hours on the trail to find the treasures that are already out there.
It’s quite the find and quite a revelation. After all, who would have thought all this would be free? That’s a secret and only the dog and I know.
Or rather, now you do too….
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Friday SaturdayClear75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/54°Partly Cloudy75°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing