So, I’m going to do a bit of an Alice in Wonderland with you today. I’m going to take you back in time and down the tunnel to explore the strange and mysterious in life. I often do this kind of thing, not only because I find it fascinating, but also because it opens my eyes to things I never imagined, and lets me see the beauty that daily life hides beneath.
Now, I’ll tell you up front that I’m taking the dog with us on this journey mostly because she’s the perfect photographic companion. The hubby tends to become rather impatient as I lose myself in the roadside moss for the better part of half an hour. Why, I really don’t know. Personally I find the stuff fascinating and the dog completely agrees with me. She’s learnt to take advantage of my explorations of the weirder things in life by smelling the roses (or whatever else is at hand) and waits patiently until I’ve satisfied the lens and my own curiosity.
So, here we go on a little walk down Suwanee River Trail. The evening sun is drifting through the forest and gives a diffuse glow to everything underfoot. I get down on the ground with my lens and trusty extension tubes and let nature lead me. Like following the rabbit down the hole I find all kinds of weird and wonderful shapes just waiting for me to see them.
It’s a piece of plain moss, the light on a palm or a simple weed that amazes me. These may be the small things in life, but they all have a story to tell and in the right light they can all be beautiful. It’s the little curls, the whiffs of light and the colors that attract me, and all it takes are a few hours on the trail to find the treasures that are already out there.
It’s quite the find and quite a revelation. After all, who would have thought all this would be free? That’s a secret and only the dog and I know.
Or rather, now you do too….
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy82°/52°Fog79°/48°Partly Cloudy75°/46°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey