A lovely State Park in the perfect location to explore Austin.
Site Quality = 3.5/5
The sites here are decent. They are long asphalt pads with 30/50Amp & water, good separation between campers, selection of shaded and open choices plus [...]
We’re still on our gastronomical kick here in Austin. Over the week-end we attended a Farmers’ Market in Sunset Valley, one of our favorite local activities and a great way to get fresh, seasonal produce and sample specialties from the region. Austin, being a very food-oriented city, has several major Farmers’ Markets which offer a [...]
So we were on our 3rd day in Austin and our quest for gastronomic indulgence had progressed. Having revelled in homestyle Texas BBQ (with several refills at home) we had now attained a mood for gourmet. Our guts were groaning for high society, delicate flavors and a je ne sais quois. Indeed, we were feeling decidedly…epicurean. Perhaps a roasted Quail with sweet-potato salad and soft-boiled duck egg, or perchance some Prime [...]
“Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present”
I was inspired by a brilliant post on happiness from fellow RVer and blogger live.work.dream the other day. It got me thinking about life, joy and positivity, all of which led me to weeds. It’s a convoluted [...]
Pre-Note/ I feel it my duty to warn you that the following post may contain scenes of graphic meatness. My deepest apologies to all vegetarians….
There are things in life that take you beyond the sphere of normal human experience. You know the type; alien encounters, transcendental meditation, skinny dipping under a full moon, that other [...]
This was a short stop-over for us to escape the madness of Spring Break. A nice, relaxing campground in the nature area of Canyon Lake half-way between Austin and San Antonio, TX.
Site quality = [...]
This is an inexpensive dry-camping location just next to San Antonio. It’s not exactly a boondocking location, but doesn’t really qualify as a campground either, so I’ll rate it as a boondocking spot. Unfortunately it doesn’t make our favorites list.
We’ve been weaving ourselves into Pretzel poses with all paws and fingers crossed, but it looks like the skies are finally clearing and we’re back on track in our TX itinerary. Pooch seems to have regained her stomach and is once again impersonating African Impalas with the bounce in her step. Parents have had their first [...]
Since we’ve got a few extra days of hanging out while Polly heals I thought I would add another post to my boondocking series, this time on LED lighting. Now, I consider LEDs a luxury rather than a necessity for dry-camping. You can easily manage without and, given their price, it’ll take a good few years before you make [...]
Well, we’ve ended up staying in the little town of Edna, TX a little longer than expected. A few days back our pooch, Polly started getting sick. At first it didn’t seem like much, dogs being prone to little upsets now and then, but after a full night of vomiting followed by a morning of bright red [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Wednesday ThursdayChance of Rain55°/32°Partly Cloudy64°/43°Chance of Rain68°/41°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing