A relaxing and green State Park campground that provided a great base to explore New Orleans.
- Site Quality = 4/5
Very nice sites here. All are level concrete back-ins with plenty of green, grassy space between campers (up to 50 ft separation) with 50Amp/water, grill, fire-pit and picnic table. Each site has a nice “sitting area”, either a concrete pad or wooden patio (or both). Open views with little shade (most trees are small).
- Facilities = 4/5
Good set of facilities here. Bathrooms are slightly older, but large and well-kept. Good water pressure. Surrounding area has hiking, picnic spots, playground and boat/canoe launch. Wave-pool was closed when we were there. Free WiFi which works decently and free laundry (!)
- Location = 4/5
This is a good spot to visit New Orleans. It’s got a peaceful, green feel yet is only a short 20-30 min drive from town across the Mississippi. There are RV parks closer to downtown that avoid the bridge, but not with the natural feel and space of this place.
- Pet Friendliness = 5/5
Very pet friendly spot. There’s hiking trails to walk pooch, lots of green space to hang around camp and poop bags provided.
Overall Rating = 4.25
BONUS ALERT = Relaxing, green environment just outside New Orleans!
Summary: This was a great spot to visit New Orleans. The campground is only ~20-30 mins out of town (right across the Mississippi from downtown) and yet has a remote and relaxing, green feel to it. Campsites are level concrete pads with water/electric, nice “sitting areas” and lots of separation between campers. The campground also had the bonus of free WiFi and free laundry. Seems a lot of the area was destroyed by the flood so there’s not a lot of shade (trees are small) and there’s still some construction (with noise) going on at the canal, but neither of those things bothered us much while we were there. We felt relaxed and peaceful here and would definitely stay again if we were coming back into town.
Extra Info: Both Verizon aircard and phone worked fine. Sites are $18/night (Oct-Mar) for 50Amp/water. On-site dump and *free* laundry room.
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Wednesday ThursdayPartly Cloudy75°/52°Fog73°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey