A relaxing and green State Park campground that provided a great base to explore New Orleans.
- Site Quality = 4/5
Very nice sites here. All are level concrete back-ins with plenty of green, grassy space between campers (up to 50 ft separation) with 50Amp/water, grill, fire-pit and picnic table. Each site has a nice “sitting area”, either a concrete pad or wooden patio (or both). Open views with little shade (most trees are small).
- Facilities = 4/5
Good set of facilities here. Bathrooms are slightly older, but large and well-kept. Good water pressure. Surrounding area has hiking, picnic spots, playground and boat/canoe launch. Wave-pool was closed when we were there. Free WiFi which works decently and free laundry (!)
- Location = 4/5
This is a good spot to visit New Orleans. It’s got a peaceful, green feel yet is only a short 20-30 min drive from town across the Mississippi. There are RV parks closer to downtown that avoid the bridge, but not with the natural feel and space of this place.
- Pet Friendliness = 5/5
Very pet friendly spot. There’s hiking trails to walk pooch, lots of green space to hang around camp and poop bags provided.
Overall Rating = 4.25
BONUS ALERT = Relaxing, green environment just outside New Orleans!
Summary: This was a great spot to visit New Orleans. The campground is only ~20-30 mins out of town (right across the Mississippi from downtown) and yet has a remote and relaxing, green feel to it. Campsites are level concrete pads with water/electric, nice “sitting areas” and lots of separation between campers. The campground also had the bonus of free WiFi and free laundry. Seems a lot of the area was destroyed by the flood so there’s not a lot of shade (trees are small) and there’s still some construction (with noise) going on at the canal, but neither of those things bothered us much while we were there. We felt relaxed and peaceful here and would definitely stay again if we were coming back into town.
Extra Info: Both Verizon aircard and phone worked fine. Sites are $18/night (Oct-Mar) for 50Amp/water. On-site dump and *free* laundry room.
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy79°/48°Fog77°/48°Partly Cloudy77°/48°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing