A relaxing and green State Park campground that provided a great base to explore New Orleans.
- Site Quality = 4/5
Very nice sites here. All are level concrete back-ins with plenty of green, grassy space between campers (up to 50 ft separation) with 50Amp/water, grill, fire-pit and picnic table. Each site has a nice “sitting area”, either a concrete pad or wooden patio (or both). Open views with little shade (most trees are small).
- Facilities = 4/5
Good set of facilities here. Bathrooms are slightly older, but large and well-kept. Good water pressure. Surrounding area has hiking, picnic spots, playground and boat/canoe launch. Wave-pool was closed when we were there. Free WiFi which works decently and free laundry (!)
- Location = 4/5
This is a good spot to visit New Orleans. It’s got a peaceful, green feel yet is only a short 20-30 min drive from town across the Mississippi. There are RV parks closer to downtown that avoid the bridge, but not with the natural feel and space of this place.
- Pet Friendliness = 5/5
Very pet friendly spot. There’s hiking trails to walk pooch, lots of green space to hang around camp and poop bags provided.
Overall Rating = 4.25
BONUS ALERT = Relaxing, green environment just outside New Orleans!
Summary: This was a great spot to visit New Orleans. The campground is only ~20-30 mins out of town (right across the Mississippi from downtown) and yet has a remote and relaxing, green feel to it. Campsites are level concrete pads with water/electric, nice “sitting areas” and lots of separation between campers. The campground also had the bonus of free WiFi and free laundry. Seems a lot of the area was destroyed by the flood so there’s not a lot of shade (trees are small) and there’s still some construction (with noise) going on at the canal, but neither of those things bothered us much while we were there. We felt relaxed and peaceful here and would definitely stay again if we were coming back into town.
Extra Info: Both Verizon aircard and phone worked fine. Sites are $18/night (Oct-Mar) for 50Amp/water. On-site dump and *free* laundry room.
Where Are We Today?Sam's Family Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- 3,000,000 Thanks….And More To Come!
- Looost In Spaaaaace – Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A “Tippy” ?@#! Drive – Lone Pine, CA
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 – Bishop, CA
- Free Campsite Review – Glass Creek NFS Campground, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Closer To The Sun – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Dry As A Bone – Washoe Lake, NV
- The Call Of Hwy 395 & The Mountains
- An Early Christmas Present -> Our New MSH3012 PSW Inverter
- Tasty RV Eats -> Curried Roasted Cauliflower
Top Posts & Pages
- Looost In Spaaaaace - Trona Pinnacles, CA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A "Tippy" ?@#! Drive - Lone Pine, CA
- 3,000,000 Thanks....And More To Come!
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The Journey