We’ve been weaving ourselves into Pretzel poses with all paws and fingers crossed, but it looks like the skies are finally clearing and we’re back on track in our TX itinerary. Pooch seems to have regained her stomach and is once again impersonating African Impalas with the bounce in her step. Parents have had their first full night’s sleep after many a rocky night of anxious poop watch, and we’re back in a relaxing park in Austin Texas.
It’s sure been an interesting week. In addition to Polly’s issues we ran into a problem with our tow brake (nothing to wake you up like getting out of the motorhome to the smell of burning brakes), and we had our very first uncomfortable camping experience. We had moved on from Edna you see and were going to spend a few days boondocking at Calaveras Lake to take in the sights of San Antonio. It’s the kind of place that looks great on paper -> right by a lake, open green area, 10 miles from town and only $4/night/person…what a deal!
To all appearances the area was great, and we found a lovely parking spot with view of the water right when we arrived, but it was not meant to be. Whether it was the influence of Spring Break week-end, or the rather too lax Park Management, or the iffy area, during the day a good hundred people piled into the campground and most of them looked like they were there to party. By 7PM we were surrounded, sticking out like a sore thumb and no longer comfortable and decided to leave there and then. I’ve always believed in following your instinct in matters of safety and this was one of those times. Thankfully we were able to get into a private park ~45 miles away and felt much better for it. San Antonio, unfortunately, was not to be on this trip.
But no matter. We’ve moved on with the winds and followed our guts right to Austin, and that’s exactly what we plan on satisfying here. You see, we’re here for the food and we’ve got a good few days of gastronomical indulgence planned ahead. We’re not quite ready to unlock our fingers yet, but it sure looks like the forecast is clearing up and we’re more than ready to take advantage of it. Bring it on, Austin!
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Wednesday ThursdayPartly Cloudy75°/52°Fog73°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing
- The Journey