A cool hour of driving has taken “the beast” from high windy desert rock to cool forest. It’s an amazing transformation and the setting is practically perfect. Our window opens to a view of deep blue lake, rolling hills, birds riding in spirals on the evening light and the sweet sounds of a faint wind [...]
A very cool campground smack in the middle of the surreal City of Rocks in SW New Mexico!
Site Quality = 4/5
There’s a wide selection of sites here. The electric sites just outside the rocks [...]
“A rough and tumble mining town where men worked hard, drank hard and killed rather than apologize” from Once Upon a Time (a history of Pinos Altos)
Now, I should say up-front that I’m a huge theatre fan. I’ve acted it, directed it, produced it and lived it so I love (love, love) everything about it. There’s [...]
“The phoenix hope, can wing her way through the desert skies, and still defying fortune’s spite; revive from ashes and rise.”
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra (1547-1616)
It was all so unexpected. We were rolling through dust and endless horizon of high desert hills lost in the lazy dreams of a scene from an old Western, when it [...]
A simply lovely campground nestled in the Sacramento Mountains in S.NM with views to take your breath away!
Site Quality = 4.5/5
Very nice sites here. Most are large, decently flat gravel sites [...]
There’s an old saying that goes something along the lines “it was uphill both ways”. A jaunt along the 85 mile (137 km) Sacramento Mountain Range might give you very much this impression. These voluptuous creations rise with striking abruptness out of the Tularosa Basin just east of Alamogordo and provide sheer sides of uphill and stunning views of the valley and
It was all very “Lawrence of Arabia“. There we were surrounded by dunes, rolling and curling like great white waves to infinity, shadowed only by grey-blue mountains on the horizon. In the very middle of this surrealistic scene, under blazing heat and skies too blue to express in words we walked in bare feet [...]
“The universe is a pretty big place. It’s bigger than anything anyone has ever dreamed of before. So if it’s just us… seems like an awful waste of space. Right?” Ellie Arroway in the 1997 movie Contact
I like to think there’s life out there. In fact, I’m rather convinced of it. There are hundreds [...]
A simple, but relaxing stop in SE New Mexico to visit Carlsbad Caverns.
Site Quality = 3.5/5
A bit of a mix on site quality here. On the positive side all the sites [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy64°/41°Partly Cloudy68°/39°Chance of Rain54°/36°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey
- About Us
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness