For those of you who like this sort of place, this is the sort of place you like.
Well folks, it’s time to round-up the pack, lift the jacks and get going to the next location. We’ve had a fabulous 10 days here in Austin and it’s gone down as one of our favorite big cities. It’s a fascinating mix. Despite its designation as the State Capitol of Texas it’s got its own unique vibe. There’s a good dose of rugged, old-style Texas, but also an infusion of West Coast, a touch of the bohemian and edges of Asian. The growth of the semiconductor and technology industry over the past few decades caused a boom in this town bringing in slews of young folks from CA and all that comes with it. There are big Asian communities in the area providing a full assortment of authentic food and Asian markets. And then there’s the farmers’ markets, the University and the health stores bringing a spot of the bohemian to the place.
We’ve worked hard to get our fill. On the BBQ side we went from The Salt Lick in Driftwood, to Rudy’s (the fatty brisket is outstanding) with a day-trip to the BBQ central of Texas just 20 mins south in Lockhart TX (Rex Vogel did a fabulous series of posts on this area in his blog). We indulged the gourmet in us with Trailer Food, satisfied our Asian longings with Taiwanese Spicy Beef Noodle Soup and bubble-milk tea (these brought back many fine memories of my years in Taiwan), and met both old friends (a good friend of Paul’s, IMei moved over here with her husband) and made new ones (Caroline, a blog reader, popped by with her hubby). And finally we attempted to walk it all off with some relaxing and pretty hikes in McKinney Falls State Park.
There is so much more we haven’t seen here, but this will definitely go down as our kind of town and a place to come back to wanting more.
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Wednesday ThursdayPartly Cloudy75°/52°Fog73°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey