For those of you who like this sort of place, this is the sort of place you like.
Well folks, it’s time to round-up the pack, lift the jacks and get going to the next location. We’ve had a fabulous 10 days here in Austin and it’s gone down as one of our favorite big cities. It’s a fascinating mix. Despite its designation as the State Capitol of Texas it’s got its own unique vibe. There’s a good dose of rugged, old-style Texas, but also an infusion of West Coast, a touch of the bohemian and edges of Asian. The growth of the semiconductor and technology industry over the past few decades caused a boom in this town bringing in slews of young folks from CA and all that comes with it. There are big Asian communities in the area providing a full assortment of authentic food and Asian markets. And then there’s the farmers’ markets, the University and the health stores bringing a spot of the bohemian to the place.
We’ve worked hard to get our fill. On the BBQ side we went from The Salt Lick in Driftwood, to Rudy’s (the fatty brisket is outstanding) with a day-trip to the BBQ central of Texas just 20 mins south in Lockhart TX (Rex Vogel did a fabulous series of posts on this area in his blog). We indulged the gourmet in us with Trailer Food, satisfied our Asian longings with Taiwanese Spicy Beef Noodle Soup and bubble-milk tea (these brought back many fine memories of my years in Taiwan), and met both old friends (a good friend of Paul’s, IMei moved over here with her husband) and made new ones (Caroline, a blog reader, popped by with her hubby). And finally we attempted to walk it all off with some relaxing and pretty hikes in McKinney Falls State Park.
There is so much more we haven’t seen here, but this will definitely go down as our kind of town and a place to come back to wanting more.
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Wednesday ThursdayClear81°/50°Clear81°/46°Clear81°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Nomad Liberation Day!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
Top Posts & Pages
- Nomad Liberation Day!
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- 3 Simple Steps To Protect Your RV During "Downtime"
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The ACA (aka ObamaCare) & Its Impact on FullTime RV Health Insurance