There are times in your life when you realize you’re enjoying yourself too much. Or rather, something keeps nagging at you that you shouldn’t be enjoying it quite so much, but somehow you just doggone diddly-do-ha can’t help it. We had a day like that yesterday. Paul, pooch and myself were walking the 1/2 mile through the canyon to the next campground for a shower, and it was all so…well…fabulous -> the cactus, the dry, dusty ground, the brown canyon walls…the whole darn lot of it.
“You know honey, I think I may have been in the desert too long”, I remarked to my other half “I’m starting to like this place way too much”.
Well, if that ain’t a lead-in I don’t know what is, and of course it created an avalanche of banter and hilarity at my expense for the rest of the walk. During this Letterman-moment we came up with our very own top 10, subsequently wine-enhanced and paw-approved. And of course, we had so much fun doing it we just had to share it.
So here you go…
You Know You’ve Been in the Desert Too Long When…
1/ You automatically strap on a water bottle for the 30 sec walk to the loo
2/ You’re able to disco dance through a field of cactus without getting stuck
3/ You can name 20 obscure cacti off the top of your head
4/ You consider anything greater than 10% humidity to be a “moist” day
5/ You skin looks identical to the rattlesnake sitting next to you…and you’re fine with both
6/ A 20% chance of precipitation is considered a notable weather event
7/ You start to question the world existence of mosquitoes
8/ You persist in wearing long pants, thermal socks and a fleece until the thermometer hits 80°F (27°C)
9/ The howling pack of coyotes outside your RV has turned into a soothing bedtime lullaby
And of course, you definitely know you’ve been too long in the desert when…
10/ You find it beyond hilarious to come up with a top 10 list about how you know you’ve been in the desert too long!
Enjoy your week-end, wherever you are!
Where Are We Today?Sam's Family Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Looost In Spaaaaace – Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A “Tippy” ?@#! Drive – Lone Pine, CA
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 – Bishop, CA
- Free Campsite Review – Glass Creek NFS Campground, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Closer To The Sun – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Dry As A Bone – Washoe Lake, NV
- The Call Of Hwy 395 & The Mountains
- An Early Christmas Present -> Our New MSH3012 PSW Inverter
- Tasty RV Eats -> Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- Repairs, Remodels & Reunions – Eugene, OR
Top Posts & Pages
- Looost In Spaaaaace - Trona Pinnacles, CA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A "Tippy" ?@#! Drive - Lone Pine, CA
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience