There are times in your life when you realize you’re enjoying yourself too much. Or rather, something keeps nagging at you that you shouldn’t be enjoying it quite so much, but somehow you just doggone diddly-do-ha can’t help it. We had a day like that yesterday. Paul, pooch and myself were walking the 1/2 mile through the canyon to the next campground for a shower, and it was all so…well…fabulous -> the cactus, the dry, dusty ground, the brown canyon walls…the whole darn lot of it.
“You know honey, I think I may have been in the desert too long”, I remarked to my other half “I’m starting to like this place way too much”.
Well, if that ain’t a lead-in I don’t know what is, and of course it created an avalanche of banter and hilarity at my expense for the rest of the walk. During this Letterman-moment we came up with our very own top 10, subsequently wine-enhanced and paw-approved. And of course, we had so much fun doing it we just had to share it.
So here you go…
You Know You’ve Been in the Desert Too Long When…
1/ You automatically strap on a water bottle for the 30 sec walk to the loo
2/ You’re able to disco dance through a field of cactus without getting stuck
3/ You can name 20 obscure cacti off the top of your head
4/ You consider anything greater than 10% humidity to be a “moist” day
5/ You skin looks identical to the rattlesnake sitting next to you…and you’re fine with both
6/ A 20% chance of precipitation is considered a notable weather event
7/ You start to question the world existence of mosquitoes
8/ You persist in wearing long pants, thermal socks and a fleece until the thermometer hits 80°F (27°C)
9/ The howling pack of coyotes outside your RV has turned into a soothing bedtime lullaby
And of course, you definitely know you’ve been too long in the desert when…
10/ You find it beyond hilarious to come up with a top 10 list about how you know you’ve been in the desert too long!
Enjoy your week-end, wherever you are!
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Wednesday ThursdayClear79°/48°Partly Cloudy81°/46°Clear84°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey