We’re nearing the end of our time here in New Mexico. What started off as a potential 2-week trip with the idea that “we’ll just make a couple of stops” turned into a tremendous 2-month exploration of a fascinating and diverse place. I’m not exaggerating when I say that New Mexico has blown us away. It’s a hidden gem and seems so under-visited that you can easily find remote and relaxing spots almost everywhere. We’ve camped without reservations and without a fixed timeframe, a luxury we don’t always have with a “beast” our size.
At the beginning of our time here, I sat overlooking the sunset at Brantley Lake and declared myself ready to be enchanted. There’s no doubt the travel gods heard me and gave us a better ride than we could ever have imagined.
We’ve got a few more days in the very quaint and cute area of Chama in North-Central New Mexico before we go. Yet again we’re next to a gorgeous lake (Heron Lake) and have established ourselves firmly as the only nutters who are actually walking and swimming in it. You can’t blame the Cuban-boy -> if anything Mr.Florida man should be shunning these chilly waters. Then again perhaps the Danish girl is rubbing off on him, or pooch is getting really good at goading him on, or it’s just the magic of New Mexico bathing his soul.
There’s no doubt the enchantment of this place has weaved its way into our hearts. New Mexico has made its mark and we’ll most definitely have to come back for more.
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy82°/52°Fog79°/48°Partly Cloudy75°/46°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing