We’ve had the fine fortune to camp by rivers and water these past few weeks. After our week-long stint at the beautiful Eagle Nest we decided to work our way further around the Enchanted Circle and sneak off for the week-end into the forest. We’ve found a near-perfect site nestled in the woods with [...]
A primitive lake-side State Park campground with gorgeous 360-degree views on the Enchanted Circle in NE New Mexico.
Site Quality = 3.5/5
This is a primitive (no hookup) campground, but sites are very nice. [...]
It’s not an exaggeration to say that much of the West was built on gold. The Moreno Valley is no exception. Located in remote and savage country at high altitude, the area was virtually unvisited until the discovery of the irresistible yellow stuff. It all changed when a Ute Indian traded some “pretty rocks” with the soldiers at Fort Union in 1866. [...]
“Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you’ve never seen the story of the poor Mexican fisherman, it’s a classic well worth reading. The tale is a simple philosophical exchange about the circle of life, the meaning of success [...]
I must say we’ve had some darn good travel mojo these past few months. We’ve hit the jackpot on both weather and camping, staying south of the big chill up north while somehow managing to stay just one step ahead of fires and heat down south.
Earlier this week it happened again. Just as we were wrapping up our stay [...]
Boondocking is a word that frugal RVers love. The basic definition of boondocking (the way I use the word anyway) is camping for free or close to free “in the boonies” on public land such as BLM and dispersed forest sites. It’s the best of the best -> open nature-acess, no neighbours (most of the time) and zip $$ out-of-pocket. I mean, how [...]
We may be way out in the boonies, but don’t let that fool you into thinking we’re turning into hillbillies. Despite our occasional romps in the wild, chasing squirrels (for pooch at least), and generally going “primitive” we nonetheless (and to our own surprise) manage to cultivate an artistic penchant. It’s the other side of our “out there” [...]
There are times in your life when you realize you’re enjoying yourself too much. Or rather, something keeps nagging at you that you shouldn’t be enjoying it quite so much, but somehow you just doggone diddly-do-ha can’t help it. We had a day like that yesterday. Paul, pooch and myself were walking the 1/2 mile through the canyon to the next [...]
A simple, but lovely BLM camping area set beautifully in the middle of the Rio Grande Gorge just south of Taos in NE New Mexico.
Site Quality = 4/5
There are 7 separate campgrounds in the Orilla Verde Recreation [...]
It’s been so bloomin’ wonderful here by the Rio Grande Gorge that we’ve extended our stay. Since Monday of this week it’s been only us and the host, and the great, big wide all-of-it-ours wilderness. We love that kind of peace and isolation, but recently we’ve had some new visitors and it’s all thanks to a [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Wednesday ThursdayChance of Rain55°/32°Partly Cloudy64°/43°Chance of Rain68°/41°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing