So, we’ve been avidly planning our route to OR these past two days. As is typical in summer most of the public campgrounds are booked solid, but we’ve managed to find a few sweet spots that we’re really looking forward to. For the couple of nights where we can’t book we’ll rely on free overnight parking along the way. Most [...]
“When life throws you a curve ball, learn to hit a good slam off it” Anonymous
There are a bunch of classic quotes centered around the life and curveball theme, but they all got one thing in common. Sometimes things just don’t work out as planned and so you gotta learn to play the game [...]
A huge and lovely park by water and mountains in Ridgway CO.
Site Quality = 3.5/5
This is a HUGE park with 3 separate campgrounds and over 250 sites. Overall there’s good access and decent separation with a selection [...]
It’s been a week of friends and goings on here in SW Colorado. The small town of Ridgway sits at ~7,000 feet just west of the craggy peaks of Mt Sneffels Wilderness. Here “America’s Switzerland” drops off rapidly towards Utah’s dry desert with Ridgway as a kind of cross-over between the two -> It’s not [...]
“The election was a very quiet one compared to former years. There were only four shooting scrapes, sixteen fights, and thirty drunks up to three o’clock, at which time our reporter was unable to follow his regular vocation”
The Gladstone Kibosh, April 13th, 1901
The Gladstone Kibosh was a fictional newspaper that ran [...]
A wonderful forest service campground high in the SW Colorado mountains on Hwy 145 near Rico, CO.
Site Quality = 4.5/5
For forest service it rarely gets any better than this. The sites at Cayton were [...]
I must excuse our lack of be
‘Coz hiking off we’ve gone, you see
Flowers bloom and mountains call
To which our inhibitions fall
We tread the path where others fly
To reach beyond the skies a-high
Though we return in body true
Our hearts stay [...]
I’m back at the Dew South Café reconnecting with the world. First of all I’ve got to say I LOVED all the feedback on my last blog post. Many of the responses had me spurting out my coffee in giggles, much to the amusement of my fellow café-goers.
Life is about love, laughter and [...]
Having allowed a few days between “the incident” and the present, I am now in a sufficiently recovered state to relate the story in all it’s gory details. So, here we go:
It was one of those days. You know, the type that nags at you from the beginning that something isn’t quite right. In [...]
Where Are We Today?Dry-camping near Silver Springs, NV
Silver Springs, NV Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy64°/41°Partly Cloudy68°/39°Chance of Rain54°/36°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- BLM Campground Review – Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo – Hawthorne, NV
- Contact On The Extraterrestrial Highway!
- Free Campground Review – Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge, Alamo, NV
- Rocking Out In Lincoln County, NV -> Petroglyphs & Pahranagats
- Triple Score In Nevada’s No-Man Land!
- Boondocking Site Review – Stewarts Point, Lake Mead, NV
- Ready to Go….Or Maybe Not (And A Drowned Ghost Town) – Lake Mead, NV
- Wonder & Awe In The Valley Of Fire, NV
- 5 Cool Outings Around Lake Mead, NV
Top Posts & Pages
- BLM Campground Review - Walker Lake Recreation Area, Hawthorne, NV
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- A Salty Lake And A Whole Sea Of Ammo - Hawthorne, NV
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey
- About Us
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness