We take a quick break from our scheduled programming to provide you with a practical story. For those who’ve been following the stock market craziness this week (as we have, of course) this will serve both as an intermission and diversion as well as an investing and life moral (as all good stories should). So let us start.
Tho’ we be out on the “rim” and away from the things of man it means noth that we are adventureless. Indeed despite our isolation and happy frolicking we are constantly looking to push the limits of excellence….and it all begins with hose.
Allow me to explain…
They say a man who’s proud of his hose is a fine man indeed. Paul then must be a particularly strapping man given that he’s got over 200 feet of the stuff and still wonders whether he’s got enough. I’m talking of course about water hoses (not that your mind was in the gutter, but I felt it important to point that out), and we put the whole bunch to work at our lovely forest site this week.
For Paul it was a day of splendid tubular vindication and he was particularly happy to point out (multiple times) how prescient he’d been in buying all that hose. As they say in RVing (and certain aspects of life), you can never have too much hose….
Which brings us back to the original moral of the story. For all travellers buying ahead, being prepared and having the essentials on hand is a very comforting thing indeed. Add to that the fundamental mantra of DON’T PANIC (from that most excellent guidebook, Hitchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) and you have the perfect combo. In our RV life we have our hose. In investing our cash and our solid dividend stocks. You can never have too many of either and if you follow the Hitchhiker’s advise you will indeed always be OK.
Post Edit: Just in case you want the nitty-gritty details of how we’re handling the market craziness, hubby wrote an excellent post with our strategy on his blog today. Check it out HERE.
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Thursday FridayFog73°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The Journey
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"