As you know we’ve been storming our way West to our RV repair date in Oregon. With all the travelling and driving I’m actually several days behind in the blog so although my pictures show hot and crazy days in Boise, you’ll be happy to know we’re cooling our heels in pine-forest-weather-perfect Oregon. But, I’m getting ahead of myself.
After our few days relaxing at Glenns Ferry we did a quick skip and a jump through Boise, ID. We took advantage of the highly recommended Cummins Coach Care Center to do our yearly oil-change as we were passing through and the place certainly impressed. Spacious, clean, with two entertainment rooms, a grassy pet area, picnic table and even RV hookups. We were in by 10AM and out ~3 hours later. I think this is the route we’ll use for future oil changes. I like the fact that mechanics who know the engine inside and out are doing the work. The Beast was rather happy too and seemed to purr all the way to our RV park.
Our next day was rest, recoup, shop and explore. Boise is a fairly compact for a “large” town with a pretty downtown river and (surprisingly) a reputation for good Basque food, a nod to the unique history of Basque immigration to the area. It’s also got a bunch of green parks, and a big draw (for us) the rumour of a completely off-leash, non-bordered dog park right near the city center. The Military Reserve Dog Park totally delivers as promised and even offers several miles of off-leash trails with panoramic views of the city. BONUS!
With fridge restocked, wine cellar full and all furry and non-furry animals happy we motored on cross-country. Next stop, Oregon….
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Wednesday ThursdayClear79°/48°Partly Cloudy81°/46°Clear84°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey