As you know we’ve been storming our way West to our RV repair date in Oregon. With all the travelling and driving I’m actually several days behind in the blog so although my pictures show hot and crazy days in Boise, you’ll be happy to know we’re cooling our heels in pine-forest-weather-perfect Oregon. But, I’m getting ahead of myself.
After our few days relaxing at Glenns Ferry we did a quick skip and a jump through Boise, ID. We took advantage of the highly recommended Cummins Coach Care Center to do our yearly oil-change as we were passing through and the place certainly impressed. Spacious, clean, with two entertainment rooms, a grassy pet area, picnic table and even RV hookups. We were in by 10AM and out ~3 hours later. I think this is the route we’ll use for future oil changes. I like the fact that mechanics who know the engine inside and out are doing the work. The Beast was rather happy too and seemed to purr all the way to our RV park.
Our next day was rest, recoup, shop and explore. Boise is a fairly compact for a “large” town with a pretty downtown river and (surprisingly) a reputation for good Basque food, a nod to the unique history of Basque immigration to the area. It’s also got a bunch of green parks, and a big draw (for us) the rumour of a completely off-leash, non-bordered dog park right near the city center. The Military Reserve Dog Park totally delivers as promised and even offers several miles of off-leash trails with panoramic views of the city. BONUS!
With fridge restocked, wine cellar full and all furry and non-furry animals happy we motored on cross-country. Next stop, Oregon….
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy75°/55°Fog75°/52°Fog73°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey