A lovely, green county park just next to Eugene in Middle-West OR. Our absolute fav in the area!
Review updated as of last stay Nov 2014
- Site Quality = 5/5
Excellent site quality here. All sites are large, flat, paved with spacious “sitting areas” and full hookups (50Amp/water/sewer) and cable TV. Sites are arranged in a big loop around a large green lawn. Front-end sites (#1-15) esp. on the inner circle are fully open, while back-end sites (#18-32) are very shaded. Good separation and green everywhere. Selection of pull-throughs and back-ins.
- Facilities = 4.5/5
Very nice facilities here. There are a few buildings with older bathrooms (flush toilets) which are basic, but are clean & decent. The most recent addition is a brand new laundromat (sparkling clean, beautiful. Loads cost $2) plus paying shower stalls which were just installed this year (2014). Surrounding area has large, green day-use area, some short hiking trails and access to the McKenzie River. There is also Free WiFi although strength is very “iffy’ towards the back sites.
- Location = 4/5
For visiting Eugene (or as it so happens getting RV work done) the location can’t be beat. You’re withing a few miles of all the shopping you need (Costco, Trader Joe’s, plus a lovely Farmers’ Market on Saturday’s), close to several RV repair facilities and even around the corner from TA stop (with RV wash). Only slight ding is the place is off Hwy 5 and by the day-use area you can hear the traffic. However it’s wonderfully quiet by the campsites.
- Pet Friendliness = 5/5
Fabulous doggie site. There is a lovely 2-acre dog park on-site, plus access to hiking and a splash in the river. Poo bags provided too.
Overall Rating = 4.6
BONUS ALERT = Camp in lush green in the heart of Eugene!
Summary: We originally discovered this campground through a review from Laurie and Odel at We Call It Home. They raved about it and we completely agree. This is a lush, green little gem of a find right in the heart of Eugene. Sites are very spacious with full hookups (+ cable!) and a selection of either back-ins or pull-throughs. Great mix of both open and fully shaded choices. The surrounding park has large green lawns, day-use areas, a lovely 2-acre doggie park and direct access to the McKenzie river. Within the past year (2014) the park made the upgrade of adding a brand new laundromat and pay showers which have raised the ratings and made it hard to beat in the area. The only dings I can give this place is the day-use areas get noise from I-5. Location to both Eugene & RV services couldn’t be better, plus they allow RV washing on-site. We love this place and stay here everytime we come through the area.
Extra Info: Verizon LTE available (1-2 bars) although stability can be finicky and is helped alot with external antenna/amp. Free on-site WiFi, although strength is very “iffy” towards back sites. Back-in sites cost $30/night (full hookup), pull-throughs cost $33 (full hookup), all reservable on-line. 14-day stay limit.
Where Are We Today?Sam's Family Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Looost In Spaaaaace – Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A “Tippy” ?@#! Drive – Lone Pine, CA
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 – Bishop, CA
- Free Campsite Review – Glass Creek NFS Campground, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Closer To The Sun – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Dry As A Bone – Washoe Lake, NV
- The Call Of Hwy 395 & The Mountains
- An Early Christmas Present -> Our New MSH3012 PSW Inverter
- Tasty RV Eats -> Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- Repairs, Remodels & Reunions – Eugene, OR
Top Posts & Pages
- Looost In Spaaaaace - Trona Pinnacles, CA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A "Tippy" ?@#! Drive - Lone Pine, CA
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience