Lorsque je lève les yeux,
Je rencontre tes yeux
Et je me dis : “Mon Dieu,
C’est vraiment merveilleux,
Tant de bleu.”
Edith Piaf (Plus Bleu Que Tes Yeux, 1951)
When Edith Piaf crooned these words (which are sooooo much more romantic in French, don’t you know), she was losing herself completely in the deep blue of her lovers eyes.”As I raise my eyes, I meet yours.. My God, it’s truly marvellous, so much blue”.
I had very much the same feeling when I reached the Oregon coast this week, only here my partner was the ocean and my eyes were reflecting the great big blue of the sea beyond. It was a profound moment with a beach so vast and a sky so large they merged as one glassy picture of heavenly blue stretching to the horizon. We’d made it back to the Pacific after almost 2 years apart. Like lost lovers united we took off our shoes, ran into the chilly waves and revelled in the moment.
So here we are. The Oregon coast stretches 363 miles (584 km) from Washington to California. Due to a unique quirk of the state (specifically the Oregon Beach Bill) the beaches are 100% public, so there’s literally hundreds of miles of human and dog-gone paradise carved in lines of beach, sea cliffs and rock stacks. We’ll be spending most of September bonding with the coast and reporting back on our experiences along the way.
As it so happens we’ve had a few clouds come in since that first day on the sand (in more ways than one), but that’s a story for another day. In the meantime I leave you with pictures of blue and eyes lost to the horizon. C’est vraiment merveilleux, Tant de bleu.
P.S. Piaf sang several versions of this song, but I particularly love the duet she recorded with Charles Aznavour. Listen to it HERE.
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy73°/55°Clear75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/54°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing