“Well Portland Oregon and sloe gin fizz
If that ain’t love then tell me what is”
Loretta Lynn, 2004
When Loretta sang this duet she was smitten with Portland (and perchance a touch of gin), but I have to admit we’ve been smitten by the whole state. We’re coming to the end of a much-extended stay here in Oregon. What started as a forced repair drive of ~1,000 miles for our slide turned out to be a fabulous journey in a varied and naturally beautiful state. We’ve been here 2 months (believe it or not) and in that time we’ve gawked at the pine and volcanoes in the “dry” side near Pine, revelled in the farmer’s markets in Eugene, made new friends, made even more new friends, managed a few silly adventures and spent a rich month on the northern coastline by the beach. We’ve seen every kind of weather, gorgeous lighthouses, even more kinds of views and enough to let us know we’ve got to come back and see the rest.
From here we head south. We’ve got ONE last stop in Oregon…of a techie nature…which you techie geeks will thoroughly enjoy (I’ll tease you and leave you in rapt anticipation for that one), after which we high-tail it to sun and drier climes. As with every great voyage there will also be a cross-roads, a point where we’ll either decide to take the scenic route or a more direct road (depending on weather), but either way we’ll have plenty to tell along the way.
Bye beautiful Oregon. You are well worthy of your motto Alis Volat Propiis (“She Flies With Her Own Wings”). Making use of equally infamous words (albeit without any fancy latin) I can only say “we’ll be back”.
Where Are We Today?Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
Port Townsend, WA Today Thursday FridayChance of a Thunderstorm64°/52°Chance of Rain66°/50°Partly Cloudy68°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
- Squeeze Me And Yes, Please – Kalaloch, WA
- RV Park Review – American Sunset RV & Tent Resort, Westport, WA
- Holiday Madness Week At Bustling Westport, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Discovering Sequim Part II - Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I - Lighthouse Loving
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- About Us
- 4 Tips For Creating Instant Indoor RV Coziness