“Well Portland Oregon and sloe gin fizz
If that ain’t love then tell me what is”
Loretta Lynn, 2004
When Loretta sang this duet she was smitten with Portland (and perchance a touch of gin), but I have to admit we’ve been smitten by the whole state. We’re coming to the end of a much-extended stay here in Oregon. What started as a forced repair drive of ~1,000 miles for our slide turned out to be a fabulous journey in a varied and naturally beautiful state. We’ve been here 2 months (believe it or not) and in that time we’ve gawked at the pine and volcanoes in the “dry” side near Pine, revelled in the farmer’s markets in Eugene, made new friends, made even more new friends, managed a few silly adventures and spent a rich month on the northern coastline by the beach. We’ve seen every kind of weather, gorgeous lighthouses, even more kinds of views and enough to let us know we’ve got to come back and see the rest.
From here we head south. We’ve got ONE last stop in Oregon…of a techie nature…which you techie geeks will thoroughly enjoy (I’ll tease you and leave you in rapt anticipation for that one), after which we high-tail it to sun and drier climes. As with every great voyage there will also be a cross-roads, a point where we’ll either decide to take the scenic route or a more direct road (depending on weather), but either way we’ll have plenty to tell along the way.
Bye beautiful Oregon. You are well worthy of your motto Alis Volat Propiis (“She Flies With Her Own Wings”). Making use of equally infamous words (albeit without any fancy latin) I can only say “we’ll be back”.
Where Are We Today?Orcas Island, WA
Orcas Island, WA Today Saturday SundayPartly Cloudy72°/55°Clear72°/54°Fog70°/55°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
- We Sail, We Climb, We Conquer – Orcas Island, WA
- SP Campground Review – Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
- Whipping Through Whidbey Island, WA
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts - Patos Island, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing