A few weeks ago I had a cunning plan…in fact a brilliant, one might even say genius plan. It was the scheme of a camping route, a journey of elegance and pure beauty carefully crafted along the back-roads and by-ways down south with the promise of fantastic drives, stunning vistas and…yes…even a secret absolutely-to-die-for boondocking spot.
Or was it….
Turns out one delay encountered another. People showed up, or rather more specifically Alex and Ellen popped up (seems we just can’t seem to get rid of those folks), the weather, in a surprise move, co-operated and we decided the plans should be brought back to life. Only this time we were going to caravan the whole thing. Two big, happy 40+ foot “beasts” for a few weeks on the road in one big monster-fest. What could be cooler than that?
So we decided to make a go of it.
Since our little visit at Henderson’s we’ve been on a journey of sweet 2-lane back-roads down to Reno. We’ve driven through the southern dry forests of Oregon, the Medoc valley of Northern California, stopped at several lakes and ended up in a gorgeous State Park in Nevada. Along the way we even managed to discover the hidden gem of the Lava Beds National Monument, a huge park in the NE corner of California packed with more than 700 lava-caves, remnants of the Medoc war of 1872-1873 (“Captain Jacks Stronghold“) and one of the biggest concentrations of Indian Rock Art in North America at Petroglyph Point (who knew?).
And so far all is well. We still like each other (those sticky caravan buddies and us, that is), the boondocking spot WAS amazing and we’re well on our way to the scenic drive south on 395 in California. I’ve teased you with just a few shots of the drive, so in the next posts I’ll relieve the tension and give you details of where we actually stayed. If I’m feeling particularly generous I might even tell you about the boondocking spot. Well….errr, okay…I admit it, I’m a total push-over and will tell you all anyway. So, stay tuned. Secrets like this don’t get out everyday…
Where Are We Today?Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
Port Townsend, WA Today Friday SaturdayRain Showers68°/50°Partly Cloudy68°/52°Fog72°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
- Squeeze Me And Yes, Please – Kalaloch, WA
- RV Park Review – American Sunset RV & Tent Resort, Westport, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Discovering Sequim Part II - Lavender Soul
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Discovering Sequim Part I - Lighthouse Loving
- CP Campground Review - Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA