There was something in the air that day. Usually I don’t wake up before sunrise, being far more sane than that, but for whatever reason it was pitch black when I opened my eyes and some nutty inner voice said “get up”. It really made no sense. Temps had dropped to near freezing overnight, there was undoubtedly a crisp lining of frost on the grass and…well…it was waaay, waaay to early.
Despite the apparent insanity of the situation I got up…painfully. 4-5 layers of clothing later a silhouette resembling the Michelin Tire Man was bush-whacking down a very deserted, very dark path with camera and tripod in tow to our private boondocking beach. Polly of course, was blissfully unaware of any thermometer issues and was bouncing happily at an approx. Doggie Energy Level of ~100,000 around the very exciting chilly lake.
Something was about to happen….
Which was a good thing because I was about to turn into the Michelin Tire Man Ice Cube…
And there came the colors. Long, gorgeous fingers of red stretched across the horizon reflecting themselves in pairs of two on the perfectly flat lake. The foreground opened up in a pale violet harmonizing with the light behind. Blades of grass caught early rays creating morning fireflies of glow on the earth. It was a veritable operetta of color being played just for me in live view.
We were out there, doggie and I, for at least 40 minutes and completely forgot both time and temperature. I experimented with double exposures and other cool techniques becoming completely absorbed in the moment. In that period we woke up with the sun in a perfect yoga union of colors and light. It may not have been a perfect photo, but it was most certainly a perfect photo morning and I’m very happy I listened to that crazy inner voice to participate.
P.S. Where IS this wonderful spot, you may ask….oh, it’s coming….patience, patience…..:)
Where Are We Today?Sam's Family Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Looost In Spaaaaace – Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A “Tippy” ?@#! Drive – Lone Pine, CA
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 – Bishop, CA
- Free Campsite Review – Glass Creek NFS Campground, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Closer To The Sun – Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Dry As A Bone – Washoe Lake, NV
- The Call Of Hwy 395 & The Mountains
- An Early Christmas Present -> Our New MSH3012 PSW Inverter
- Tasty RV Eats -> Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- Repairs, Remodels & Reunions – Eugene, OR
Top Posts & Pages
- Looost In Spaaaaace - Trona Pinnacles, CA
- A Cool Airstream Gal & A "Tippy" ?@#! Drive - Lone Pine, CA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience
- And Then There Were 2 1/4 - Bishop, CA
- The Journey