There was something in the air that day. Usually I don’t wake up before sunrise, being far more sane than that, but for whatever reason it was pitch black when I opened my eyes and some nutty inner voice said “get up”. It really made no sense. Temps had dropped to near freezing overnight, there was undoubtedly a crisp lining of frost on the grass and…well…it was waaay, waaay to early.
Despite the apparent insanity of the situation I got up…painfully. 4-5 layers of clothing later a silhouette resembling the Michelin Tire Man was bush-whacking down a very deserted, very dark path with camera and tripod in tow to our private boondocking beach. Polly of course, was blissfully unaware of any thermometer issues and was bouncing happily at an approx. Doggie Energy Level of ~100,000 around the very exciting chilly lake.
Something was about to happen….
Which was a good thing because I was about to turn into the Michelin Tire Man Ice Cube…
And there came the colors. Long, gorgeous fingers of red stretched across the horizon reflecting themselves in pairs of two on the perfectly flat lake. The foreground opened up in a pale violet harmonizing with the light behind. Blades of grass caught early rays creating morning fireflies of glow on the earth. It was a veritable operetta of color being played just for me in live view.
We were out there, doggie and I, for at least 40 minutes and completely forgot both time and temperature. I experimented with double exposures and other cool techniques becoming completely absorbed in the moment. In that period we woke up with the sun in a perfect yoga union of colors and light. It may not have been a perfect photo, but it was most certainly a perfect photo morning and I’m very happy I listened to that crazy inner voice to participate.
P.S. Where IS this wonderful spot, you may ask….oh, it’s coming….patience, patience…..:)
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Sunday MondayFog72°/46°Fog73°/45°Fog75°/48°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey