It’s almost as if this road was always meant to be here. Highway 395 is a thing of beauty that sculpts itself almost seamlessly into the curves of the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada mountains, snaking all the way from Southern California to the Canadian-Washington border. To drive this road is to take a journey in scenic splendor and [...]
A primitive, but simply lovely $5/night BLM campground with sweeping mountain views just west of Lone Pine in central-west CA.
NOTE/ Review updated as of last visit Oct 2012
Site Quality = 3/5
Very simple sites [...]
“A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty “Hi-yo Silver” the Lone Ranger! “
Those who know me well know that I’m a total sucker for a strapping man on a horse galloping across a wild west scene. After all what hapless maiden wouldn’t swoon under the awe [...]
A forest service campground with lovely mountain views at ~7,900 ft near Mammoth Lakes in the Sierras in Central-East CA.
Site Quality = 3.5/5
This campground has a mix of RV & tenting sites. For the RV sites all [...]
Where Are We Today?Sam's Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Desert Hot Springs, CA Today Monday TuesdayPartly Cloudy57°/36°Clear57°/34°Clear63°/34°
Love the Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- The Wheeling It Blog Has MOVED!!!!
- 2013 “Big 5″ RV Christmas Wish-List
- Thankful & Historic
- A Few More Dog-Friendly Hikes – Desert Hot Springs, CA
- The Wonderfully Crazy Desert…
- Self-Medical Care Part III – Negotiating Doctors, Hospitals & Clinics With Cash Pay
- Self-Medical Care Part II – Self-Testing Links
- Self-Medical Care Part I – Why Do It?
- Spa, Spa, Spa….And RV Buddies! Desert Hot Springs, CA
- Our Top 5 Essential Boondocking Items
- Halloween Hairiness & More Putzing…Lone Pine, CA
- Putzing, Putzing, Putzing…And RV Sue!
- Boondocking Site Review – Volcanic Tablelands BLM, Bishop, CA
- $2 Gourmet Meals, Railroads & Some Apples – Bishop, CA
- Boondocking & Bumming In Bishop, CA