It’s almost as if this road was always meant to be here. Highway 395 is a thing of beauty that sculpts itself almost seamlessly into the curves of the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada mountains, snaking all the way from Southern California to the Canadian-Washington border. To drive this road is to take a journey in scenic splendor and [...]
A primitive, but simply lovely $5/night BLM campground with sweeping mountain views just west of Lone Pine in central-west CA.
NOTE/ Review updated as of last visit Oct 2012
Site Quality = 3/5
Very simple sites [...]
“A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty “Hi-yo Silver” the Lone Ranger! “
Those who know me well know that I’m a total sucker for a strapping man on a horse galloping across a wild west scene. After all what hapless maiden wouldn’t swoon under the awe [...]
A forest service campground with lovely mountain views at ~7,900 ft near Mammoth Lakes in the Sierras in Central-East CA.
Site Quality = 3.5/5
This campground has a mix of RV & tenting sites. For the RV sites all [...]
Where Are We Today?Orcas Island, WA
Orcas Island, WA Today Saturday SundayClear72°/54°Partly Cloudy72°/54°Clear73°/55°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
- We Sail, We Climb, We Conquer – Orcas Island, WA
- SP Campground Review – Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
- Whipping Through Whidbey Island, WA
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts - Patos Island, WA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience
- The Journey