We left the desert behind with fond memories of distant hills, beautiful moments of solitude in the wild, fabulous sunsets and dark, starry nights. Our time in Borrego Springs seemed almost too short and I’m sure it’s like that for almost anyone that goes there. I think Bayfield Bunch put it perfectly in this post “If you’re an outdoorsy type of person & you have a desire to learn new things then I would suggest Borrego Springs is the place to keep you busy for the winter”. Al and Kelly would know too -> they’ve been many years in a row and always find new and interesting spots to visit (just search their blog on Borrego for a taste). For a desert-nature-lover like me, it’s a winter wonderland and there’s no doubt we’ll want to go back.
But we love the water too, and with beach a mere 90 miles away it’s an easy drive back to San Diego and into surf city. We’ve got ourselves a new spot by the bay, with a brand new backyard and plenty of time to hang ten by the ocean. We’re going to be relaxing with friends, meeting new folks and exploring the area for at least another month. From desert rats to beach bums, it’s quite the change, but I love it doing it all.
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Monday TuesdayFog75°/50°Fog79°/48°Fog75°/46°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- About Us
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience