- About Us
- The Journey
- RV Camping
- Travel Tales
- Pet Corner
- RV Tips
- Solar Power
- Easy RV Mods
- Health Care
- Tasty RV Eats
A very spacious free parking spot ~20 miles East of San Diego
Location: Sycuan Casino, El Cajon
Coordinates: 32.787428,-116.826650. Link to map location HERE
Cost: FREE (overnight). Possibility to stay longer if you request it.
How We Found It: From CasinoCamper.com
Nearest Dump/Water: Lots of dump stations around San Diego. Nearest is Circle RV Resort in El Cajon. There is also a free dump station in Mission Bay (San Diego).
- Access – 5/5 Super-easy access here. Road is paved throughout and RV/oversize parking area is a HUGE asphalt lot (easily sized for 20-30 RVs of any size) up on the hill at the back of the Casino.
Directions: As you enter the Casino go straight -> you will pass the Casino on your right and self-parking on your left. Continue straight to the back and past the employee parking lot. At very back the road will curve to the left and up the hill. The RV/oversize lot is the first lot on your left on the hill directly above the employee parking lot. Shortly after you arrive security will come by to check you in and ask how many nights you’re staying.
- Nature – 3.5/5 For an “urban” setting this is pretty nice. The parking area itself is just a big asphalt lot, but it is surrounded by rolling hills with access to “unofficial” hiking directly from your RV.
- Isolation – 2/5 Isolation is actually pretty decent considering you are parking your RV in the middle of a Casino. The RV parking area is behind and up the hill from the Casino so you’re separated from all the “regular” folk, plus it’s HUGE so easily lots of space to yourself. You are parked just above the employee lot however, so you will see/hear employees coming and going. Plus security does make rounds.
- Pet Friendliness – 4/5 Great spot for pooch. You have lots of space around your RV to hang out, plus access to hiking in the hills surrounding the Casino. Of course doggie can’t access the Casino so that’s the only negative.
Overall Rating = 3.6
Summary: If you’re looking for a spacious and easy spot to stay a few nights for free near San Diego, Sycuan Casino is a very decent site. Located in El Cajon just a few miles off the beaten track it’s peacefully set in rolling hills. What’s particularly nice is that the RV/oversize parking area is behind and up the hill from the main Casino giving you separation, lots of space and relative quiet. On arrival security comes by to check you in and ask how many nights you are staying, but otherwise they leave you be and you are free to extend slides, put down jacks and make yourself at home as you please. The Casino itself is accessible from the back of the RV parking lot via steps and it is so-so (in my opinion), but it has lots of slots/games and offers a free buffet if you sign-up to the Players Club (look online for a coupon). There is opportunity to hike in the surrounding hills, plus you are only a few miles away from the Sycuan Resort which has an excellent golf-course. When we were there we were the only RV and had a nice shade tree and oceans of space to ourselves. Would definitely stop again if we needed a spot to overnight.
Extra Info: Flush toilets in the Casino. Verizon smartphone and aircard worked well (3G only). NO hookups or dump station.
Extra, Extra Info – OTHER BOONDOCKING: There are actually lots more Casino’s that allow free RV parking in and around San Diego. The two most popular are Barona (small RV parking area) and Viejas (allow up to 3 days stay).SPONSORED LINK: SPONSORED LINK: Click HERE To Shop Amazon.com
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the product links in the post above may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. That said, I only ever recommend products or services I personally use and love! Wheelingit is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
I love comments & sharing, so comment away dear readers!
Where Are We Today?Mission Bay RV Resort, San Diego, CA
Top Posts & Pages
- Getting My Weekly Market Fix - San Diego, CA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- Full Circle & Summer Plans
- Blog Links & Resources
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- Boondocking For Newbies Part I -> Finding Where To Go
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part II - Our Los Algodones Experience