I call it “He-Man” disease and all you women out there probably know it well. It’s when a male species ignores whatever pain he has going on and decides to just “He-Man” right through it. Muscles bulging, chest forward, and power on! But alas unless you’re a young buck in its first prime, “He-Man” comes back to bite you in the you-know-what. And my fabulous hubby, much as I love him, does indeed suffer from this disease.
This was a “He-Man” week. Paul had been having very slight back issues for some time, but not enough to stop him. Just a few days ago he made a move that changed it all. Tweak, sprain, ouch…..pinched sciatic nerve and searing jab down the leg. Three nano-seconds later he was planked out on the floor in pain.
Now given we have to start workamping in about a week AND we were scheduled to drive to Harris Beach State Park on Monday, this was not an ideal time for this to happen. We both know enough about backs to know this is not serious enough for a doc (from the feel and look of it it’s a minor spinal hernia), but definitely needs time to heal and some help to get that nerve un-pinched. Time to scramble and change plans.
I’m a huge fan of acupuncture for this kind of problem and a few calls around led me to the lovely Tina Veccera who just so happens to practice right around the corner in Bandon. Score! She offers both acupuncture and chinese herbs, and was able to see us same-day. Score again! Our third order of business was to try to extend our stay here in Bullards Beach State Park until we absolutely need to move. By some alignment of the stars our exact site was open until next Sunday. Score number three!
From pain to luck in three easy moves.
We’ve been seeing Tina for 2 days now and Paul is already feeling better. We’re hoping a full week of treatment, relaxation, easy stretches and lack of “He-Man” moves will get him to the point where he’s OK to work. And then of course he’ll need to strengthen those back and stomach muscles.
The beginning of a tough week, but hopefully we’re still on-track to be where we need to be. As long as that He-Man guy doesn’t sneak in to interfere, of course
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Wednesday ThursdayPartly Cloudy75°/52°Fog73°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- The Costs of Full-Time RVing
- The Journey