Paul does some McKenzie stretches on the beach

For those of you who have been following Paul’s back saga, I’m sure you’re all curious as to how he’s doing. It’s been almost 4 weeks since BB-Day (Back Busting day) and I’m happy to say he’s doing great. We can’t call the recovery 100% yet, but he’s got close to full range of motion, can hike to the beach and back without issue (that’s around 3 miles round-trip) and makes it through the day without pain-killers. He’s still going to acupuncture (which continues to be fabulous) and diligently doing McKenzie exercises. Most importantly he is now healed enough to pour me a glass of wine (this being a key aspect of our long-term joint happiness) and woe-is-me-doing-all-around-the-RV is finally able to share some daily chores with him again.

The other rather surprising development is that he’s back to blogging. After an extended hiatus and months of chatting to his computer about investing (I do participate, but his computer invariably gets the brunt of the conversation) he’s finally decided to re-enter the virtual world and put his ever-deep thoughts in writing. His first post was a few days back and rather timely, calling a nice low, and good investment entry point for MLPs (this week has been GOOD!). For those of you investment lovers out there, go join the fun at his site Investing For A Living.

15 Responses to Paul’s Back To Hopping & Blogging

1. mllowe says:

Glad to hear he is getting better by the day. I bet he will now be careful with his body motions and no sudden moves when working around your rig.

Indeed, we’re taking it VERY slow. No sudden moves and ZERO heavy lifting. I plan to keep it this way for at least another few months. He’s got most of his motion back, but I know how slow backs are to heal (and how easy they are to re-injure). So totally agree!

2. Jennifer says:

I just stubled upon your blog, and have enjoyed it a lot! I look forward to hearing more about your full-timing adventures as this is what my husband and I are planning on doing too!

http//findingfernweh.blogspot.com

hmmmmmm I see stretching exercises in his future….mine too :)

4. Jeff and Deb says:

Paul- we have missed your blog and need all the help we can get so we can be wheeling it on the road with you….. The sooner the better:)

Crossing our paws for you to get out here as soon as possible. It’s a great lifestyle I do admit :)

5. Donna K says:

Glad to hear Paul’s back is getting better. If you have to exercise, he sure has a nice place to do it!!

6. Sherry says:

Sure wish I had such a beautiful place to exercise. Glad things are so improved. Bringing the wine is a very important job.

Guess I’d better start reading his blog although I don’t have much to invest, these medical bills are piling up and I need all the help I can get.

Medical bills are the worst. So sorry to hear they’re piling up for you. My best advice is negotiate, negotiate, negotiate. I’ve managed to get up to 50% off my bills by negotiating w/ the hospital. Best of healing to you!

Now that would make an interesting Blog…how does one negotiate on the road….I have done it for some of Tom’s stuff but not sure I ever got 50% good for you….

Getting the best deal on cash-based health care is actually one of the many blog posts I’ve got on my list. Hoping to get to it soon!

8. Susan says:

Very interested to read a post on cash-based health care! Bring it on.
    Susan

It’s definitely on my list and I do think several folks would be interested. Lots of us younger RVers are on high-deductable plans and cash payments are key. It’s a bit of a mess to work though, but I’ve learnt ALOT about cash payments over the past 2 years and there’s definitely good tips to share.