Another gorgeous Oregon State Park complete with fabulous beach and cute lighthouse on the S.Coast near Bandon, OR
Note/ Review updated as of last stay July/Aug 2013
- Site Quality = 4/5 Very nice site quality here. You have a selection of either full hookup (30 or 50 amp/water/sewer) or water/electric (30 or 50amp). Sites are flat, paved back-ins with picnic table, fire-pit and good access throughout. Only slight ding is that inner-loop sites (facing towards middle of loops) tend to be at right angles to the road, so they are not really suited for big rigs. There are 3 loops with and slightly different feel:
-> A & B loops are older, more forested loops with generally very good separation and lots of trees/greenery, but can be darker (and support more mosquitoes in summer).
-> C loop is newer and slightly tighter, but more open with some very sunny sites especially in back corner (C48-C52). This is our preferred location.
- Facilities = 3.5/5 Good facilities here. Large flush toilets and warm showers with good pressure and kept nicely clean. Only ding is showers have those annoying timer-buttons and spray-heads. On-site dump station.
- Location = 5/5 Great location here. Campground is set well back from the road with ~1 mile paved bike/hike trail to a gorgeous (and almost endless) beach. You’re also right next to the lovely Coquille River Lighthouse and only 5 miles from Bandon (an excellent little town with another stunning beach). Boat ramp (for river), plenty of picnic areas and horse camp on-site. Lots of space and green. Our kinda place!
- Pet Friendliness = 5/5 Great location for doggie. Lots of space to hang out in camp, good hiking and miles (and miles) of free open space to roam on the beach (~1 mile from camp). Poo bags provided on-site.
Overall Rating = 4.4
BONUS ALERT: Miles of gorgeous beach and Coquille River Lighthouse on-site!
Summary: Well this is just another great Oregon State Park! Set only ~5 miles north of Bandon it is a lovely state park with miles of excellent, wild beach and the cute Coquille River Lighthouse on-site. Campsites are well-sized flat, paved back-ins with selection of either full hookup or water/electric (mix of 30 & 50 amp), good separation and lots of green. A & B loops have more trees/privacy, but can also be a tad moister & darker. C loop is tighter and more open (less privacy), but is also more dry/sunny. The only complaint this place ever seems to get is mosquitoes (and they can get active in the woods on still, humid summer days) so we personally prefer the more sunny sites, but all are nice. Location is excellent with ~1 mile pleasant hike to the lovely Bullards Beach, ~5 mins drive to Bandon (which has restaurants, farmers market, shopping, tide-pools, stunning beaches etc.), ~1/2 hour drive to Cape Blanco (in the south) and 1/2 hour to Cape Arago (in the north). We enjoyed lots of sun and pleasant days during our stay in July, spent many hours hiking and romping on the gorgeous beach, thoroughly enjoyed the surroundings and would most definitely come back!
Extra Info: Decent 4G LTE (2 bars) and good 3G on Verizon (2-3 bars). Total 185 sites , 104 full hookup (either 30 or 50 amp/water/sewer), 81 electric (30 or 50 amp)/water. Sites cost $24/night in summer season, $20/night in off-season, all reservable on-line. On-site dump station.
Note/ You can see a picture of each and every campsite at this campground on campsitephotos.com.
Where Are We Today?Sam's Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Desert Hot Springs, CA Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy63°/36°Clear68°/39°Partly Cloudy64°/34°
Love the Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Last Few Days At Sam’s Spa – Desert Hot Springs, CA
- The Wheeling It Blog Has MOVED!!!!
- 2013 “Big 5″ RV Christmas Wish-List
- Thankful & Historic
- A Few More Dog-Friendly Hikes – Desert Hot Springs, CA
- The Wonderfully Crazy Desert…
- Self-Medical Care Part III – Negotiating Doctors, Hospitals & Clinics With Cash Pay
- Self-Medical Care Part II – Self-Testing Links
- Self-Medical Care Part I – Why Do It?
- Spa, Spa, Spa….And RV Buddies! Desert Hot Springs, CA
- Our Top 5 Essential Boondocking Items
- Halloween Hairiness & More Putzing…Lone Pine, CA
- Putzing, Putzing, Putzing…And RV Sue!
- Boondocking Site Review – Volcanic Tablelands BLM, Bishop, CA
- $2 Gourmet Meals, Railroads & Some Apples – Bishop, CA