Our lone sunset on the beach

A Day

A brief moment
A mere blink of time
I sense the passing of images
Blinded by rushing light
Blurred with a touch of emotion
The light caress of a day gone by

A lifetime
The eternity of being
I dwell in the myriad of images
Swim in endless tides of light
Sway with the winds of emotion
Embrace sweet scars of a day gone by

Flowers in the forest

A passing of time
Merged together in marriage
Bonded by the imprints of life
Bathed in woven threads of light
Overcome with emotion
A sunrise, a pause, a sunset
Timeless infinity
Simply…a day

Nina Fussing
Aug 2012

Low clouds over the pacific

Somehow my day yesterday just inspired poetry. We bathed in the most beautiful sunshine, walked the most gorgeous paths and finished the day alone on our own private beach with the most spectacular sunset. It seemed like a brief moment, yet took a delicious eternity to pass. In truth, everyday is like this but we don’t always see it. Here’s hoping your day today is felt just as deeply as mine :)

P.S. Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post. It’s so great to see links and inspiration to and from others. Love the interaction!

Last sunset over the horizon

Intricate webs of weeds

Late afternoon glow

Light on the forest floor

35 Responses to Simply….A Day

1. cozygirl says:

Simply dreamy….I could use a place like that today :O)

2. Fields, Sherry says:

Beautiful words! I’ve started sharing your posts with my students. You see, I teach high school students with Severe and Moderate Disabilities (Downs, Autism, etc). We recently implemented an IPad 1:1 program for every student in our 800 student high school (mine included). They are enjoying finding new things to read on their IPads. I’ve been a follower of your blog for a few months now and decided it was perfect to share with my “kids”! Thanks for the inspiration! You’re posts are wonderful to read and give me hope that someday my husband (who also happens to be a high school teacher) and I will be able to “wheel it” as well! Right now we have to settle for a couple weeks in our pop up camper at Hunting Island in South Carolina, as well as quick 3-4 day camping excursions in the Great Smoky Mt. National Park in Tenn. and at Cave Run Lake here in our home state the great Commonwealth of Kentucky (HOME TO THE 2012 NCAA NATIONAL BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY WILDCATS) ! :)

Wow!! Sharing with your students! I am honored! Love the fact that my little blog is able to touch so many people. Thanks so much for being along for the journey and for being an inspiration yourself for your high school students (teachers are, after all, a huge source of inspiration in life).
      Enjoy your stay at Hunting Island…LOVE that spot.

3. hobopals says:

Good lord, is there no end to your talent, girl? Beautiful Simply…beautiful.

4. Sherry says:

What gorgeous pictures, what lovely writing, what a beautiful day. I would just LOVE to be where you are doing what you are doing. So glad you are savoring it for the both of us and others I’m sure. What a wonderful life you are living.

It sure is a wonderful life. Sometimes I turn to hubby and just say “I love my life”….I really do!

5. Kit Gordon says:

beautiful! thanks.

6. Jonathan and Becky says:

I continue to be amazed by your photography skills and patience to get the perfect shot. Thanks so much for sharing the beauty around you.

7. rommel says:

Whoa! Is this really Wheeling It? Awesome poetry, Nina. You’re like a queen of all trades.

8. Sheryn says:

I think hobopals said it best….”Beautiful, simply beautiful”! I so look forward to your posts and wish I was there……. :)

9. Mitchell says:

I’ve been following your posts for a little while now and your photography simply amazes me. I think most would make a beautiful poster …esp. the photos of the various sunsets you are able to capture. Amazing!

Thanks so much for the compliment Mitchell. At some point I will do something with these shots (other than the blog), but there’s always so many great new photos to take…I simply don’t have the time? hehe

10. Donna K says:

Beautiful words and photography as well. Thanks for sharing.

And she can write poetry as well! Beautiful Nina :D

12. Melissa says:

Beautiful. It was a wonderful way to start my day. Thank you

13. Sheila says:

Words from the Heart….
    Words from the Soul….
    Words from the Brain….
    I enjoyed your poem tremendously!

14. Rowanova says:

A while back I read about the thrills of the highs in life, and the difficulties of the lows in life. The author pointed out that these are a part of life, but not normal, and they are both unsustainable. The lows are that low, because they are so much worse than anything we “normally” experience, that we are some times thrown for a loop over them. But they usually pass over with a little time, they do cannot sustain themselves.

The same can be said for the great highs in life. They happen and it is exhilarating, and we want more of it. But we can’t jump the widest canyon every day. It only happens on occasion. These highs cannot be sustained either.

Most of life is spent in a more “normal” state, it’s just “Simply…A Day”. These normal days are sustainable, and they happen all the time, almost daily. That’s why we call them normal and ordinary. But each of these days are filled with the kinds of treasures brought to light by this posting.

Thanks for a great reminder to all of us to live in the here and now, and to enjoy the little things in life that are present around us all day, every day.

Here’s wishing you many more…Simply…Normal Days… :-)

15. Jerry G says:

Superb. Thanks.

16. mllowe says:

Wow, great photography and beautiful poetry! You are so talented.
    I wish you more of the simply beautiful days !

17. […] for wind and crazy weather on your hikes and when that sun bursts out be ready to swoon from the sheer gorgeousness of it all. You are only ~10 miles from the old town of Port Orford which has some good eateries, groceries […]

18. Steve A. says:

I have been following your blog for several months. My wife and I own a 21 ft. travel trailer and have dreams of going on the road full time one day (in a larger RV). I really enjoy your posts. Keep writing. Thanks.

19. […] and all. You already know how I love the OR coast. I’ve gushed about it, fawned over it, even waxed poetic about it (yes, real live poetry folks), and the fun is only just starting. We’re at the very […]