After an outstanding (and very memorable) summer in Oregon we’ve finally crossed the border and started our trip south to our winter spots in the SW. Although we’re sad to leave our fav state, we’re excited to be engaging in the next step of our journey.
This year, as we did last year, we’re taking Hwy 395 that snakes scenically through the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. I gushed about this drive when we did it last time. It’s just one of those drives you have to do at least once (twice, fifty?) times in your life and I have no doubt it’s going to be just as amazing this time around.
We arrived at our first stop on Monday dropping our jacks at spacious and relaxing Washoe Lake State Park, NV which is just as enchanting as I remember it. We were greeted by chirping birds, a luscious deep aroma of sage-brush (man, I wish WordPress had scratch and sniff!), and 360-degree views of mountains framed by dramatic tufts of clouds whipped up into long sculptures in the sky.
We got out our chairs, raised a glass and sat down to the most spectacular sunset theatre I’ve seen in a long time -> fiery arms of orange, transforming the entire sky into a burning color-play, reddening and darkening to a deep burgundy before a final release to the night. Oh MAN! We were totally captivated. Even Polly was frozen, although that may have had something to do with the warren of furry rabbits bouncing seductively all over the landscape….either way ALL of us were completely enchanted by the scene.
We are definitely happy to be here, and if the start to this journey is any indication of the rest, then it’s gonna be a helluva fabulous trip…let the mountain magic begin!!
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Wednesday ThursdayClear81°/50°Clear81°/48°Clear84°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Nomad Liberation Day!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- The Journey