Thanksgiving is a deeply American holiday and being a full-bred Dane I never celebrated or even knew about this day before moving here in 1992. Apart from copious quantities of food and quality time spent together (which is always fun, no matter what the occasion) the thing that most endeared me to this day was the idea of giving thanks.
Now this is a not a new concept for me. As part of my life-long pursuit of happiness I’ve made affirmations and giving thanks a daily inner practice for myself. I believe everyone should do this everyday because happiness, like depression, is a self-fulfilling circle….and by consciously making a choice between the two, and actively pumping those bliss-buildin’ mind muscles, you make it so (very dramatic I know, but I’m speaking from experience here…on both sides of the equation).
But what’s unique about Thanksgiving is the idea of doing this out loud, and with your friends and family around you. So on this day, with all of you as witness, I give my thanks
Thankful for My Life
I’m thankful for the lessons of the past
And thankful for the open paths of the future
I’m thankful for the choices I’ve been offered
And thankful for the freedom to make them
I’m thankful to love
And thankful for those who love me
I’m thankful for happiness
And thankful for the chance to choose it
And I’m deeply thankful for this moment to be here…
Giving thanks to you…
Nina Fussing, Nov 2012
Where Are We Today?Sam's Spa, Desert Hot Springs, CA
Desert Hot Springs, CA Today Thursday FridayPartly Cloudy63°/36°Clear68°/39°Partly Cloudy64°/34°
Love the Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Last Few Days At Sam’s Spa – Desert Hot Springs, CA
- The Wheeling It Blog Has MOVED!!!!
- 2013 “Big 5″ RV Christmas Wish-List
- Thankful & Historic
- A Few More Dog-Friendly Hikes – Desert Hot Springs, CA
- The Wonderfully Crazy Desert…
- Self-Medical Care Part III – Negotiating Doctors, Hospitals & Clinics With Cash Pay
- Self-Medical Care Part II – Self-Testing Links
- Self-Medical Care Part I – Why Do It?
- Spa, Spa, Spa….And RV Buddies! Desert Hot Springs, CA
- Our Top 5 Essential Boondocking Items
- Halloween Hairiness & More Putzing…Lone Pine, CA
- Putzing, Putzing, Putzing…And RV Sue!
- Boondocking Site Review – Volcanic Tablelands BLM, Bishop, CA
- $2 Gourmet Meals, Railroads & Some Apples – Bishop, CA