Thanksgiving is a deeply American holiday and being a full-bred Dane I never celebrated or even knew about this day before moving here in 1992. Apart from copious quantities of food and quality time spent together (which is always fun, no matter what the occasion) the thing that most endeared me to this day was the idea of giving thanks.
Now this is a not a new concept for me. As part of my life-long pursuit of happiness I’ve made affirmations and giving thanks a daily inner practice for myself. I believe everyone should do this everyday because happiness, like depression, is a self-fulfilling circle….and by consciously making a choice between the two, and actively pumping those bliss-buildin’ mind muscles, you make it so (very dramatic I know, but I’m speaking from experience here…on both sides of the equation).
But what’s unique about Thanksgiving is the idea of doing this out loud, and with your friends and family around you. So on this day, with all of you as witness, I give my thanks
Thankful for My Life
I’m thankful for the lessons of the past
And thankful for the open paths of the future
I’m thankful for the choices I’ve been offered
And thankful for the freedom to make them
I’m thankful to love
And thankful for those who love me
I’m thankful for happiness
And thankful for the chance to choose it
And I’m deeply thankful for this moment to be here…
Giving thanks to you…
Nina Fussing, Nov 2012
Where Are We Today?Cape Blanco State Park, OR
Cape Blanco, OR Today Sunday MondayFog70°/45°Fog72°/48°Fog75°/50°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- TLC For “The Beast” Part II – New Tires
- TLC For “The Beast” in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- Aaaaand….We Made It DOWN!
- 10 Thoughts On Living & RVing The San Juan Islands, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations – 5 “Western Arm” Gems
- Ducks & Lighthouse Nuts – Patos Island, WA
- Lounging In Laid-Back Lopez Island, WA
- Orcas Island Explorations -> 4 “Eastern Arm” Secrets
- Island Hopping To San Juan, WA -> Lighthouses, Harbors & Pig Wars
- Volunteer Hosting at Mount Constitution, Orcas Island, WA – What Do We DO Here?
Top Posts & Pages
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- TLC For "The Beast" in Eugene, OR (And Tips On Finding Good Repair Spots)
- TLC For "The Beast" Part II - New Tires
- About Us
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Aaaaand....We Made It DOWN!