Sometimes there are no words to describe a scene. Or rather the words are so trivial compared to the grand and awe-inspiring splendor before you. This evening was one of those moments and all I can do is share my brief capture of that time. Our sunset tonight took my breath away…and my heart. Here’s hoping your evening was as full of light, color and love as mine :)

C-20121225 Sunset (37) (JPG)

C-20121225 Sunset (1) (JPG)

C-20121225 Sunset (30) (JPG)

C-20121225 Sunset (8) (JPG)

C-20121225 Sunset (3) (JPG)

33 Responses to Sometimes Words Are Not Enough…

1. We saw tonight’s gorgeous sunset out of our living room window here in Oceanside this evening. I have just enough time to grab my camera and squeeze off a number of frames.

Unfortunately by the time we saw it, there was no time to drive down to our beach and capture the lighting with our equally photogenic pier.

2. Sherry says:

All I can say is wow! Gorgeous is an understatement.

3. Don says:

Wow! Thanks for sharing.

Don

4. Jerry B. says:

Seems like no matter what the subject, it always looks better with a dog in it., IMHO.

5. Yep, no words can do that justice… marvelous!
    Box Canyon Mark

6. Ray Burr says:

Beautiful! Love the reflections on the water.

7. Sue says:

It certainly was a spectacular Christmas night sunset, perfect ending to a wonderful day.

8. Linda Sand says:

Guess I have to quit closing my curtains so early. :)

9. Gunta says:

Absolutely stunning! Looks like our sunset moved south yesterday. We got nothing through overcast skies. But I don’t mind sharing once in awhile. ;)

10. Sandie says:

Stunning. Perfect ending for my day also.

11. Lynne says:

Simply amazing, Nina! What a wonderful Christmas gift to experience and looks like Polly liked it as well!

12. Sheila says:

The beauty of nature is breathtaking!! Love the Polly shots!!!!! Beautiful photos Nina.

13. Jason Glesby says:

Merry Christmas

14. Joan Ritten says:

Wow! Really beautiful pictures!

15. Richard and Vivian van Dijk says:

Pictures are lovely. “Red sky at morning, sailors take warning,.red sky at night, sailor’s delight.” Hope all your tomorrows are delightful. By the way, we’re at Sam’s Family Spa and it just couldn’t be better. Thanks for the recommendation.

16. Nina your photos are absolutely great. The composition with the silhouette of the dog centered on the sunset rays is dead on. You missed your calling as a professional photographer not to mention an extraordinary write.
    We sure enjoy you blog.
    Joe & Murlene.

My breath is taken away. Can’t find the correct word to describe God’s beauty in action.

18. RV-A-G0Go says:

That is really gorgeous!

19. Mollie & Larry says:

Wow! And wasn’t Polly a beautiful addition….We have not spent anytime in California but your pictures make it tempting.

20. Douglas Hinman says:

Amazing Photos, I really like the ones with Polly in the foreground. Keep them coming we miss the sunsets down south during the winter. Post some pics of your shades when you get done also. Doug and Barb

21. Truly no words can describe the glory of God’s sunrises and sunsets! Fortunately, we get them like that frequently in the desert where we are living.. Your pictures captured them very well;.

22. Perfect ending to a perfect day!

23. Bill says:

Nina & Paul-
    Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing such beautiful sunset pictures! Enjoy the rest of your stay in SD.
    Regards,
    Bill

24. Greg (Smitty) Smith says:

Nina – Great shot, and confirm it was nice also at about 90′ higher. We are on the East side of Mission Bay in Upper Bay Park, and toasted the show with you. We did not get a picture, so glad to see this one…

Enjoy the rest of your stay in San Diego. If we can make it by before you leave, would be great to meet you and Paul and The Paws… Enjoy checing in on you weekly, and Paul’s site too.
    Happy 12/26/2012 to you both,
    Greg & Debbie
    (Smitty – on many boards.)

25. rvsueandcrew says:

I saw that sunset from Yuma… You captured it perfectly and with Polly as a bonus! Fantastic! Sue

26. Janet Mezger says:

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I think this sunset was the best I’ve seen since we’ve been here.

28. danshula says:

Fantastic shots,you have a good eye.
    Happy New Year.

Yep…you did it again….photographing one of my favorite subjects….we followed that one from Benson to Tucson…just gorgeous….

30. rommel says:

*GASP* You need to submit these images to a magazine, a contest or something, anything. These shots are meant to be seen by many.