Well we’re finally leaving the big city. It’s been a whirlwind of a month here in San Diego and I have to admit I’m ready to get back out in the boonies. I really do love this city, but I find myself picking up in pace here…getting just a tad more busy…a tad more frantic…a tad more stressed. It’s nothing really extreme, just a sense of the city vibe and crazy traffic seeping into my everyday, and after a month of it I’m ready to ease out and back into a slower synch with nature.
But I’ll grant that it’s not all the city’s fault either. We really packed in the activities here starting with meet-ups with RV friends, dentals for the cats (believe it or not we managed to slip away with ZERO extractions this time), an impromptu visit from my Danish cousin, local buddies, Christmas celebrations, New Year party, remodelling our valences, doc visits and so on…I mean phew! Our list of stuff to do was loooong and we managed most of it, but 4 weeks ain’t a long time when you come down to it.
And I can’t deny the fun stuff either. Beach-time on the beautiful coast, bike rides in the bay, kayaking with seals in the water, sightseeing, gorgeous sunsets and playing with tools. On the latter note Paul has actually become quite the January handyman, getting into various small RV projects and even changing the brake-pads on our CRV…all with the help of some friends.
And that brings me the best part of all. Meeting folks, spending time with other RVers and helping each other along the way. As we ease into our 4th year fulltiming we are starting to create a rather solid circle of RV friends. I really never expected to find such a strong sense of community when we started this journey and it’s been one of the best surprises of our entire experience. RVing is fun, but RVing with friends is even better.
But alas the itch to move is here. So we say goodbye (for now) to our buddies, farewell to the city and we’re off to the boonies. We’ll see ya’all on the other side….
Where Are We Today?Deception Pass State Park, Whidbey Island, WA
Deception Pass, WA Today Tuesday WednesdayPartly Cloudy75°/52°Partly Cloudy75°/52°Fog73°/52°
Like The Blog? Share The Love & Use Our Amazon Link!
- Harbor Campground Review – Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- The City Of Dreams – Port Townsend, WA
- CP Campground Review – Dungeness Recreation Area, Sequim, WA
- Discovering Sequim Part II – Lavender Soul
- Discovering Sequim Part I – Lighthouse Loving
- RV Park Review – Hobuck Beach Resort, Neah Bay, WA
- At The Untamed Edge – Cape Flattery, WA
- RV Park Review – Quileute Oceanside RV Park, La Push, WA
- A Wonderfully Pleasant Surprise – La Push, WA
- NF Campground Review – Kalaloch Beach, WA
Top Posts & Pages
- Harbor Campground Review - Point Hudson Marina, Port Townsend, WA
- 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Fulltime RVing...
- The City Of Dreams - Port Townsend, WA
- RV Tank Sensors &The GEO Method
- About Us
- Getting Dental Work In Mexico Part I - Clarifying Myths & Facts
- Free Overnight RV Parking = Finding "Freebies"
- The Journey